iv. you're worth it (you're perfect): 🥕9🥕

Start from the beginning

"Just eat already, Abs," Taehyung reiterates. "Or do I need to feed you?"

"I'm fat!" Jimin whines, at wit's end. "My thighs are too big, my cheeks are too puffy..." He says in a small voice, head drooping.

"FAT!?" the other boy's voice comes out as a high-pitched shriek. "Jimin, there's hardly any fat on you!"

"Yes, there is! Look," Jimin tugs at his own face and pouts. "Look at all this baby fat! It just won't go away, I hate it!"

Taehyung suddenly leans forward, seizing Jimin's cheeks and squishing them enthusiastically.

"But you're cute with chubby cheeks!" He croon, pinching and squeezing Jimin's soft cheeks, just like how a woman would do to a newborn baby. "Why don't you like them? Everyone loves them!"

With the remainder of his energy, Jimin swats away Taehyung's hands.

"I need to practice." Unable to meet Taehyung's eyes, Jimin mumbles stonily, a chill in his tone that freezes Taehyung's insides and leaves a hollow feeling in his chest. Struggling to his feet, he moves mechanically towards the furthest corner of the room, Taehyung watching his progress motionlessly. To Taehyung's curiosity, Jimin pauses mid-walk, hesitating with his sweaty back to him.

Suddenly, Jimin swerves on the spot, walking briskly back towards Taehyung, his head bowed to hide his tomato red face. Snatching up a piece of fried chicken, Jimin makes his way back to his corner self-consciously, tearing a huge chunk of meat with his teeth and chewing loudly. The corner of Taehyung' lip curls upwards in a smirk as he observes the famished boy wolf down the rest of the chicken with much gusto. But then Jimin's dancing again and Taehyung's brows furrow.

Taehyung loves the way Jimin's body flows to the rhythm, like he's made of fluid. He loves how his feet usually glide effortlessly across the floor, moving with a grace that the average person can hardly match. Yet now, Jimin's face is screwed up in concentration, his hands uncoordinated with his feet, movements falling out of tempo. Every gesture he makes requires exertion, and he grunts with each one, grinding his teeth in annoyance. Taehyung can hear Jimin's labored breathing and see what hell the dance major's putting himself through.

The redhead notes how sharp Jimin's cheekbones have become, how defined his jawline is. Although his cheeks are flushed, they no longer glow with natural health, his overall appearance gaunt.

In an instant, the music is cut off abruptly, a faint note still hanging in the air. Jimin whips around to see Taehyung's finger on the off button.

"Carrot," Jimin deadpans. "Switch that damn thing back on."

Taehyung presses imperatively, face unsmiling. "You still owe me after I saved your hot ass the other day."

Jimin's mouth clicks shut, all retorts disappearing into nothing. Taehyung's heart wrenches at how tired the other boy looks, like he's one step away from melting into the floor. Jimin's stomach swoops when the other boy takes his hand.

"It's 3am." Taehyung, having removed Jimin's phone from the dock of the sound system, presses the device into its owner's palm. "We're out of here. For Christ's sakes, you're not a machine."

"But the showcase—"

"Isn't for another three weeks," Taehyung affirms curtly, heaving a sigh at Jimin's crestfallen expression. "I'm not gonna watch you wear out your cute body like that."

Jimin's so spent that he just nods dumbly and concedes.

Bags of food in hand, they leave the studio, Jimin sliding on his hoodie before reluctantly locking up. He turns in the direction of the dorms before Taehyung stops him.

"Wrong way, Abs. We're not going back just yet."

"Tae, do you really like wiping windows that much-"

"Don't be a killjoy, Jimbles," Taehyung winks craftily, "It's just around the corner, and people never look up."

A skeptical look passes over Jimin's face. "Up?"

Taehyung flashes a wide grin.

"You'll see."

----------