The doctors and some nurses called me a "miracle". Because my wounds healed faster than they've ever witnessed. I wasn't supposed to walk normally after this. I took so well to the therapy and workouts, and accordin' to them, I wasn't supposed to. Especially not in the amount of time that it took. Usually, it takes up to six months for a full, healthy recovery. But every case is different. Not everyone has a Valeree. Not everyone prays like I do and not everyone works as hard as I do.

"Praise God!" I heard someone up front shout. I just smiled as everyone stood to their feet and cheered and gave God thanks They were all so happy for me, it was overwhelmin'. My eyes filled tears as I looked at everyone. I thought about what I had been through these past few months. Finally tellin' my brother about my abuse, insane physical therapy, missin' my first love- basketball, bein' in that cold hospital. I just couldn't believe that I was finally outta there, healthy and walkin'!

"You better walk, Beyoncé! Yas!" I heard Riley, from the choir shouted. I know it was nobody but her goofy self. I laughed as I wiped my eyes.

"Can I tell you how good God is?" Pastor asked.

"All the time!"

"Tomorrow Beyoncé is playing in her first game since this all happened, so if you can make it, please do show up and support this young lady. Where's the game?"

"Crenshaw."

"What time?"

"Six thirty." I smiled.

"Can you dunk yet, Ms. Maya Moore?"

"Not yet, but give me a few more weeks, and I'm Candace Parker." I said seriously and everyone laughed. I'm dead ass. I'm gonna be dunkin' at USC. For real for real!

"You ready to sing?"

"Yezzzir." Everyone laughed. Pastor shook his head then handed the mic to me. I walked back to my spot in the choir.

"Nooo weapooon foormed againstt meee shaaall prospeeeeER, iiit won't wooork. Nooo weapooon formed against meeeee shaAAAAll prospeeer, it won't wooork." I sang. Their choir joined in the second time. They sang the bottom, I sang the top.

"God will dooo what He say He would do. He will stand by His wooord. And He will come throooough, yeaaaah. God will do what He say He would do. He will stand by His word. And He will come through."

I led the choir in Cover Me by 21:03, Kirk Franklin's Hosanna, Marvin Sapp's Praise Him In Advance, Yolanda Adam's The Battle Is The Lord's, Tasha Cobbs' Fill Me Up. When praise and worship was over, the praise dancers did an amazin' job, Solange included. The service was nice, no surprise there. Pastor preached about how we need to stop askin' for stuff, and just wait on the Lord. He explained the difference between prayin' and askin'. Like every other pastor, he didn't stay on one topic.

I received so many hugs along wit' "congratulations" and "I'm proud of you". It was really nice. Then there was the nosy people that just wanted to know more about me bein' shot.

"Hey, Bey!" I heard from behind me. I turned around to see one of the few people that I've grown to be really cool wit' over the past weeks, Amari. The guy I just recently reconnected wit'. We've known each other from age of five to maybe thirteen or fourteen. We didn't go to the same school but Church, clearly. We were in the same Sunday school class and the youth music group. I had a goofy crush on him back then but he randomly disappeared. He came back and looked like a totally different person.

It wasn't just Amari that I've gotten kinda close to lately. Riley, and Denise, too. I'm not super close wit' them, but I like them. They've all come to visit me and at least one, sat in durin' my session. A few times, they all came together. We just reminisced on the good ole times in Sunday school as children and in the early teenage years. It really lifted my spirits higher. While they all came to see me, Amari's name appeared on my visitor's list more than Riley and Denise.