I sighed. "Fine. It's not new." I admitted. "I just wanted to look nice for once."

He shook his head. "You always look nice." He retorted with a smile. "This is just too nice. It shows off your... curves." He said in a low, uneasy voice.

I giggled. "Oh stop." I told him. "I'm just going to get an ice cream, and then I'm going back to my dorm." I lied.

"Alone?" He asked in a parental voice.

I groaned. "Would you back off with the third degree?" I asked, annoyed now.

He put his hands up in defense. "Fine, fine." He replied, and began to walk past me. "Do what you want." And he turned and walked away. I stood there for a few more moments and then walked in the direction of Two Scoops.

When I walked in, I saw Jude sitting at a booth looking as fine as ever. It really was unfair to the male population that Jude Simon exists. Black hair, deep blue eyes, muscular, and his face in general. But Kyle was a very close contender. Jude smiled widely when he saw me and rose from the booth, then walked toward me. "Hey, Nova." He greeted in a sweet voice; still sporting his cute smile.

"Hey." I greeted and returned his smile. "How're you doing tonight?" I asked as we began to walk over to the ice cream.

"Better now." He replied without missing a beat.

I chuckled. "You're kind of a smooth talker, aren't you?"

He shrugged. "Nah, my mom just raised me right." He told me, then his face turned solemn. "She passed away when I was thirteen though; breast cancer."

I brought my hand over my mouth and my heart sank. "I'm so sorry." I said in a whisper. He gave me a sad half smile. We got our ice cream and sat down. "What was she like?" I asked.

He smiled. "She was amazing." He began. "She was kind to everyone; loved people. She was there in times of need. She baked cookies and homemade meals, she helped watch children." I smiled. "She was amazing." He said again.

I nodded. "Sounds like it."

He smiled. "But after she passed, it took a toll on my dad." He started in a sad voice. "He quit his job, drank all day every day, never came to any of my games, didn't come to me or my brother's graduation—I had to provide for me and my brother all throughout high school."

I shook my head. "That's awful." I replied. "How did you do it? How did you make good enough grades and play football and still provide for your brother?"

He smirked. "Just because I'm pretty doesn't mean I'm not smart." He winked. "Horrible stereotype."

I chuckled. "You're right, I'm sorry."

He sighed. "Well, what about you?" He asked. "Do you have an emotionally scarring backstory?"

I shook my head. "No. Lucky for me I come from a great home with a great family."

He smiled at me. "Well, don't say it like it's a bad thing." He told me. "That's amazing and I'm happy for you." I smiled back at him. Maybe Angelina was right; maybe I should give Jude a fighting chance and forget what people say.

We finished our ice cream and walked out of the parlor hand in hand. "So, now what?" I asked. He looked back at me with a grin. He just shrugged and looked forward again. "What was that?" I asked in a teasing tone with a giggle.

He looked back at me and grinned again. "I didn't say anything."

"Oh okay, so you're saying we're just going to call it a night." I said with a small smile. "Gotcha." I teased.