Chapter thirteen ~ Like the wind

Mulai dari awal

   “Nope, not yet,” I said.

   “Aww that’s fair, why not?” Zeyana whined.

   “Yeah, why not missy?” Audrey argued.

   “Because I said so, I want to be sure about him. Okay!” I said making my tone sound final.

   “Whatever!”

   “Fine!”

    I smiled feeling well in control with the situation. Good.

    When we arrived to school, everyone seemed appalled at to what was happening.

The three musketeers were together again. Stacy, the wicked witch of the east glared me down, burning holes of jealousy into my skin. Oh jeeze, if looks can kill. Do you know how many times I should have died already?

   I snorted and shot her the same dead glare in return. She does not matter. She never did.

   “He’s looking at you,” Zeyana whispered.

   My eyes slowly met his. I’ve been dying for this moment since he left me yesterday. With out question, my heart fluttered even faster when he smiled very handsomely at me. So I dared myself and waved back contently.

   “Aww this is the cutest love story ever.” Zeyana sang happily.

   “Let’s hope it last longer then we think.” Audrey cut in, destroying the happiness.

   “Ooo, don’t ginx it you hater.” Zeyana chimed, pushing Audrey away.

   Audrey just laughed, fixing the hairs that fell over her face. “I’m just saying, Jeeze. Oh shoot . . . Derek and my boyfriend are coming.”

   “You’re still with England?” I said slowing walking away.

   “Yeah, are you surprised?” She grinned. I just rolled my eyes and turned away.

   “Not one bit.”

   “All go with ya.” Zeyana offered linking her arm with mine.

   “Thanks.” I mumbled.

   Zeyana followed closely by my side as I headed towards the music room. I was glad to have my two best friends with me. I didn’t have to leave that much in the dark.

   We were both quiet it as we entered the music room. I watched as Zeyana appraised my hiding the place. It was a place I’d unleash all my hidden emotions through my music. I was pretty sure she was aware of that. When I had begun to develop my passion for piano, Zeyana and Audrey visited once or twice a week until they stopped coming. So it has been awhile since any of us were together, especially here.

   “So Suri . . .” Zeyana trailed off.

   “Yes Ana . . .”

   “Ana, ha-ha you haven’t called me that since middle school.”

   “I know.” I smiled remembering the good old days. Only Audrey and I were able to call her that. I walked over to the piano bench and sat.

    “What have you been up too for the past two years?” Zeyana asked following me to where I sat.

   “Well nothing too important but just hiding under a rock.” I joked trying to avoid what I really had been up too.

   “Ha-ha, so true but you know Audrey and I have been here for you even though you keep your distance from us.”

   “I know,” I frowned.

   “We did miss you though.” Zeyana assured me.

   I sighed and glance out the window. It’s hard to think about all that has happened in the past two years in a half. A lot has changed for me to adjust too. It wasn’t something I like too much. Till now, I still don’t have a choice.