A New Shade of Red: An Adventure Time Fanfiction

"Wake up, Katherine."

I groaned. "Five more minutes, mom." I heard someone laugh. A boy. Opening my eyes, I saw a pair of devilish red orbs gazing into my own. 

"Marshall?" I sat up, only to realize that we were both wearing nothing but our underwear, and the satisfied grin on Marshall's face told me that something had happened last night.

"What the hell?!" I shouted, holding the covers up to conceal my half-naked chest. He laughed. "What's so funny?! Get out of my bed!"

The vampire ignored my last comment, leaning over and pressing his lips against my neck. "The night's not over yet, sweetie," he said, wrapping his arms around me. I gulped. "I'll go when the sun starts to rise... and after you're sweating, naked, and screaming my name."

For a moment, I almost gave in. Almost let him pin me down and strip me bare. I was almost hypnotized by those hot red eyes, seduced by his sexy bare chest. But I didn't, because, if I did, I'd be just another girl to him, now wouldn't I? So I pushed him away from me.

Any normal boy would've fallen to the floor, but Marshall Lee was far from normal. He was the vampire king, after all, and half demon along with that. He floated up and hovered over my bed, staring down at my chest and licking his lips. I pulled the blanket tighter around me and concentrated on his eyes, trying desperately not to let my eyes wander down to his dark boxer shorts. He floated down so his face was just inch away from mine, flicking his tongue out to flick over my mouth.

"Aw, gross - get out!" I ordered. He laughed again. "I mean it, Marshall. How much did I drink to let you into bed with me, anyways?"

"Not that much," he replied. "You get drunk too easily, sweetheart." He floated up to the ceiling, arms folded behind his head. "I don't get why you're so upset. I was kidding - nothing happened. I don't fuck with drunk girls."

That was a relief, at least, but I wasn't going to give in until he was out of my bedroom.

"Well, that's a relief. Now leave."

That earned me a huff, but the way Marshall moved to pluck up his clothes told me that he was finally giving in. 

"Alright, alright," he drawled, tugging on his jeans. They were tight, and even though they covered the extent of his scrawny body, I could still picture his knobby knees. "You're no fun, anyways." 

By the time he'd finished buttoning up his shirt, the clock on my bedside table had ticked away until it was way past ten o' clock.  "Later, sweetheart," Marshall cackled, floating away and out of my room. I sighed in relief once the door closed behind him, and began to search for my pajamas. I found them on the floor near the window, and for some reason, they were wet.

"Damn you, Marshall Lee," I swore. "This better be water."

I put them in the hamper and put on a fresh pair of pajamas, flopping into my bed. Dammit, it smelled like him. I'd have to change the sheets. Closing my eyes, I drifted back to sleep.

~*~

[Marshall POV]

That same afternoon, I was waiting in the shadowy history section of the campus library, leaning against the bookshelves while my friend, Gumball, searched through them. Usually, I wouldn't have let my friends drag me to a boring old library, but Gumball wasn't just any  friend. We went way back, all the way back to middle school. I protected him from bullies, and he helped me with my homework. He was someone I trusted enough to indulge in my (extremely secret) western film obsession with. He was always dropping these fun facts about cowboys. It was great.