THE ROLE OF A FATHER

Hey guys, its been really long I uploaded anything here; and I am really sorry for that. I want to say thanks to you for reading and voting, God bless you. please, I would really love it if you leave comments, help me know whats on your mind and what you think about the articles. happy reading.

The role of a father is irreplaceable in the life of children. Research has it that most children have become lost and out of control because of the absence of their fathers. These children have involved themselves in different horrible things because their fathers are not there to teach them about God, to teach them how to be great women and great men. What is the role of a father?

To love

To guide

To provide

To teach

To sacrifice

To pray

To correct and discipline —Proverbs 13:24;

To direct

To advice

To manage his household well and keep his children under control with all dignity —1 Timothy 3:2-5;

These and more are roles that fathers play in the family especially in the life of the children. Yes, there are other people who can do this as well; I know that thought crossed your mind. Now, a father is definitely a male, but it refers to anyone who is present in your life to perform this roles. That is why some people who do not have earthly fathers will sometimes refer to their mothers as their fathers in line with other roles their mothers have played in their lives. Therefore being a father is a role and responsibility that has to be carried out in the life of all children.

As we ascribe all these duties and respects to our earthly father we should also remember that God in Heaven is our Father. Our sins could not let God perform all His duties in our lives because they separated us from God. But God as a Father sent His only begotten son to reconcile us with the Father in other for Him to guide us, provide for us, direct us and perform other roles aforementioned in our lives.

He is ready to be a Father to us in a way that we have never experienced. He wants to come in a way that we will be more conscious of Him even more than the physical things around us. More than the automobiles we drive, more than the phones we use, more than the presence of our loved ones. Only if you yield yourself to Him fully and let Him take the wheel. Trust Him even more than the way we trust our earthly parents; talk to Him even more than we talk to our earthly fathers. Consider it a relationship with your Father and not as a big judge up there who is waiting to send you to hell if you commit sin. He loves you and wants to be your Father.

To those whose fathers left them due to some certain circumstances and you feel you are not loveable and you live your whole life trying to impress your earthly father to show him that you are worth loving; I say you are on the wrong path and I want you to know that God, your heavenly Father loves you even more than you know and all you should do is pray that your earthly father will realize how lucky he is to have you in his life. To those who lost their fathers to death, I sympathize with you but I introduce to you a loving Father who will comfort you, give you peace of mind and provide all you need and will ever need. All you have to do is trust His word completely and give your heart to Him. He loves you.

Job 1:4-5; “His sons used to go and hold a feast in the house of each one on his day, and they would send and invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them; When the days of feasting had completed their cycle, Job would send and consecrate them, rising up early in the morning and offering burnt offerings according to the number of them all; for Job said, perhaps my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did continually.

Matthew 7:9-1; “Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!