Chapter 20

Waking up in a daze, my head was pounding. I was laying in my bed and I had no clue how I had even gotten up there. All I could remember was something very hard hitting my head and everything going black. Trying to sit up, the pounding just seemed to get worse. Looking over at the clock, I saw that it was eight in the morning and that I was late for school. Panicking I tried to get up but my legs were all wobbly. Falling to the floor, I hadn't noticed that Liam was sleeping in my desk chair and had woken up as I freaked out. Grabbing me he sat me back on my bed and layed me down.

"Your father does not want you going to school today since you fainted last night." He said putting air quotes around the word fainted.

I just sighed and grabbed my head to try and put some pressure on it. With my actions, Liam got up and grabbed my advil bottle handing it to me. Opening it, I took five out and popped them all at once into my mouth and swallowed them. Sighing, I leaned back and waited for them to kick in. Looking over a Liam, I saw him waiting for me to do something or say something.

"Will you go get me a glass of water from the kitchen please?" I asked trying to ease his nerve.

"Yeah I'll be right back. Don't you dare move a muscle." He said in a stern voice.

Nodding, I just laid back down and let the advil take care of the banging going on in my head. I wanted to get up and see how much snow we had gotten but Liam looked serious about me staying bed. I tried to picture of the events of last night went after Jenny knocked me out. I tried to remember anything that I could but it all just seemed to come up blank. Thinking about it only made my head pound more. Liam came bouncing up the stairs and came straight to my side handing me the water. Taking a few long gulps, I set in on my stand next to my bed.

"How are you feeling?" He asked looking at my head with that concerned look on his face that he always does.

"Besides my head and the ribs, I feel fine. I might be a little wobbly but other than those three things I feel fine." I said trying to reassure him.

"Well if you need anything I'll be right here. Your dad even said that I could bring in one of the t.v's and we could watch some movies." He said with a little grin on his face.

I knew that with my head I was going to want to sleep most of the day but I didn't want him to be bored sitting in my room. Nodding at him to get the t.v, I layed there and drank some more of my water. By the time he got back my glass was empty and I wanted to some more water. Sighing, he walked over to me and grabbed my cup taking it back to the kitchen to refill it. I could feel my eyes getting heavier and my body relaxing with the thought of sleep. Before he got back I was already beginning to doze off into a dreamless slumber.

~

Waking up, I had no idea how long I had slept for. Looking over, I saw that Liam had also fallen asleep watching some weird zombie movie. Trying to get up, I put my legs over the edge of the bed and waited till I could feel some of my strength coming back into my legs. Once I felt like I was strong enough, I made my way to the bathroom. It was a long walk on wobbly legs but I made it in a short amount of time. Once in the bathroom, I took a long look at my bruised face. The swelling was almost gone but the bruising seemed to be getting worse and worse by the day. Looking away from the mirror, I ran my hands through my hair and stopped when I felt this large bump on my head. I just shook my head lightly and finished in the bathroom.

Walking back to my bedroom, I could hear a frantic Liam looking for something. When I walked into my room he turned around and all the worry had vanished from his face. He took giant steps towards me and engulfed me in a hug. Gasping for air he released me slightly.

"Where were you and how did you even get there?" He asked still not letting me go.

"Well you see I have these things called legs and I had to go to the bathroom." I said giggling at him.