Chapter 9: Big changes

Daniel's POV:
It's been weeks, since I have changed. I have been experiencing so many changes lately, I can now only eat Capilla food, that's right my taste buds hate human food. My body is changing, I seem physically strong and can see in the dark, it's so weird having abilities that you couldn't do before.

Joey and I have become a lot closer, I still love him as always. So maybe not everything has changed. Although my work shifts are getting a lot longer, so I only see Joey at lunchtimes and at the end of my shift. I feel like we are drifting apart. Shane on the other hand has been acting a bit odd, I feel like he is hiding something, because when we do our shift together, he looks at the monitor like he can see something and I can't and then ask him if everything is ok and he says "nothing it's fine." He knows something, and I'm curious about it.

Well anyways today's Wednesday and my shift is over, I make my way back to the shuttle ship. Where I see Joey and Cat talking about something, they stopped talking as soon I entered.

Cat: Daniel, I have something to tell you.

Daniel: alright, go on then.

Cat: me and Joey have been experimenting and doing some research, we think we have have found the key to making you human again, but not quite human.

Daniel: what do you mean?

Joey: she basically means that we have found a way of giving you the human features but still being Capilla on the inside.

Daniel: so, what your saying is that you can make me look human and not make me fully human.

Cat: yes, exactly.

Daniel: I will take it, just so I could at least have that feeling of being human again. But wait, is it safe?

Cat: I have been doing lots research on it and it doesn't say anything about it being life threatening.

Daniel: let's try it.

Joey: wait what about side effects?

Cat: damm it! I didn't think about that. Sorry Daniel, I need to do more research on this.

Daniel: that's ok, take your time.

Cat: thanks.

Joey: I'm so sorry Daniel, if we have gotten your hopes up.

Daniel: it's ok, just take your time.

Joey: I love you.

Daniel: I love you too, so much.
I say as I place a soft kiss on his lips, which only last a second.

Shane's POV:
My new engineering, partner Daniel, has been getting quite impatient lately, I know that he has a boyfriend, and that he is desperate to be with him, but this job can't get done with one pair of hands, but with two pairs of hands. He probably thinks that I don't care, I do care I know how much his boyfriend means to him. I mean let's face it before he got reunited with him he was worried sick.

He did tell me something about having a boyfriend, but never quite showed any worries or concerns or even signs of him being isolated from Joey. I know his boyfriend's name, not that he told me his name, I can just read his mind and tell he that he is thinking about someone called Joey, we Capillas can in fact all read minds, and know what goes on inside each others thoughts, we can even communicate through thoughts and minds, so another way of communicating.

When I was only 6 months old, and some humans were on our planet for a while, there was a human child with her parents, the little girls was about six years old, roughly the same age as me in Capilla years, I couldn't stop looking a her. It was the first time I saw a human child, I was able to read their mind and see their thoughts. I knew I couldn't say their name, as they would think I'm a freak or something. But that was a time to never forget, the first time I saw humans and a little girl.

I am just now in my quarters, having a small bowl of sweetly boiled centipede brains, yum! Very tender but naturally sweet, just how it should be. I look at my clear plastic pad of data and scanning through it adding extra data as doing so.

For some weird reason I just feel so different, ever since the humans came here to stay on our planet, I feel a connection with them all. Why is my name a human name? Why don't I have a Capilla name? Is there some thing their not telling me?

Daniel's POV:
Just had some weird Capilla food, but weirdly enough it tastes good. I had just had boiled centipede brains, along with Spinx gum, which is a purple/grey paste which tastes like paprika and weirdly enough it's got a smoky flavour, but it tastes good.

I have been having talks with Captain Paris, about the Androids taking over earth and how we are going to get it back, and he said he is planning an away mission to see what is going on and to also see how we can can defeat the Androids.

He in fact invited me to come to a meeting tomorrow, to share a plan of his. Hopefully it's a plan to get Earth back.

Author's note:
So I haven't updated on this story, in like forever because of school work.
I will and update soon with, part 10.

Bye! :)