Chapter 8

As I walk towards the shack that I call home I hear some stuttered shouting. Must be Toby having problem with the voices again. I thought to myself, Wait, if I help him calm down, maybe he'll start to like me... I thought as a smirk started to grow on my face. I need to be with him. He's the only one for me. I think as I start to walk over to the other side of the the shack to see Toby yelling at nothing. "S-SHUT UP! LEAVE M-ME ALONE!" He shouted. "Hey, Toby you ok- ACK!" I gagged as he slammed me into the wall of the shack by my neck. After a few seconds he let go of my neck, he was breathing hard and his hands were shaking . "Toby?" I choked out, trying to regain my breath, "Are you ok?" "C-Can you just leave m-me alone f-for now S-Scarlett? I d-don't want t-to end up h-hurting you." He asked. "U-Um ok... I'll talk to you later I guess..." I said as tears started to prick my eyes.

  I somehow managed to get to my room before falling on the bed and then crying. What was that about? All I wanted to do was help! He probably hates me. I probably did something that made him hate me. I think to myself as I grab my pillow and hug it to comfort myself. After a while of crying I end up drifting off to sleep and end up waking up on the floor. "How the hell did I end up on the floor?" I laughed a bit before getting up off the floor. "Hey, um. S-Scarlett?" A familiar stuttery voice said from the door. "Huh? Oh, hi Toby. What's up?" I asked. "W-Well, I heard crying c-coming from your room earlier a-and I was w-wondering if you w-were ok. B-But it sounds like you're j-just fine." He says. "Well, I was crying earlier..." I said sadly, "But I guess I dosed off for a bit and I feel a lot better now." I smiled as I got up and walked over to him. "Well that's g-good to know." He smiled back, "B-But still a little o-odd how y-you rec-covered so easily... Oh well, I-It doesn't really m-matter." He said happily. Ok, I-I think I'll tell him how I feel now. I think then say, "H-Hey, T-Toby?" I say nervously as my face starts to heat up. "Yeah? W-What is it?" He asks. How should I tell him? Should I bring him somewhere? Should I just tell him? Should I... Ah fuck it. I think before grabbing the front of his shirt and yanking him towards me until our lips meet. After about a second or two I let go off him and he says, "W-Well then. Err. How do I put t-this... Um Sc-Scarlett?" He said nervously as I eagerly waited for him to say that he liked me back. "Yes?" I asked happily. "I... I have a g-girlfriend..." (EVERYONE KNOWS WHO IM TALKIN ABOUT. BUT I DONT THINK IM GONNA PUT HER IN!)

(Toby's POV)

"I... I have a g-girlfriend." I said nervously as I looked down. "What was that?....." She asked in a more sinister tone. I looked back up at her to see that her happy smile was replaced by an obviously fake smile and an unsettling look in her eyes. "A-Are you mad at me?" I asked her. *SLAP!* I heard as I saw her backhand me. "YOU DAMN BASTARD! I HATE YOU!" She screams then runs off. "W-Well then. I-I guess that's a-a yes." I sighed.

(Scarlett's POV)

I ran blindly through the forest as my eyes started to burn from crying. Damn you Toby, damn you! "I wish he'd go to hell!!!" I scream then fall on my knees and start crying my eyes out. "It's not fair!! Why does he already have a girlfriend?!?!" I cried then calmed down a bit. "Its their faults that's I'm crying right now." I mumbled angrily, "Those heartless bastards need to pay for what they did to my feelings." I growled as I grabbed a clump of grass and yanked it out off the dirt. "They need to pay!" I shouted as I threw the clump of grass. "And they will." I stated,

"In their blood."