Chapter 5

(One year later)

   "Perfect timing." I say as I jump down behind my next victim. I scrape my gauntlet's blades against the wall beside me. The person starts to freak out as they pull out a petty little pocket knife. "St-stay back! I-I-I have a knife!" I start to laugh at their pitiful attempt to deter me. "You really think THAT will scare me?!" I say smugly, "Don't make me laugh. I have something MUCH more deadly that that!" Then I show them my gauntlets. They shakily hold up the knife as I sprint over to them and slash their chest open, spilling blood everywhere. Including all over me. I start laughing as I feel my adrenaline going and my senses heighten.

  Then, I start to hear police sirens go off. Witnesses, exactly what I wanted. I smirk. One witness leads to trouble, and trouble is what I want right now. I think as police officers show up. "Freeze right there! Wait, that's not- ITS SCARLETT CLAW!!!" He shouts then pulls out his communicator, "We need backup! This is Scarlett Claw!"

  In a matter of minutes I have dozens of cops chasing and shooting at me. I press a button on my communicator on my ear that I may have 'borrowed' from someone, "Masky, Hoodie, Toby. I've made a huge diversion. The whole city is clear of cops unless you go near me." I say. "Yeah, yeah. I know, you don't have to state the obvious." Masky says. "Just saying just in case you're being a dumbass like you usually are." "WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!" "G-Guys! Come on! We n-need to finish this mission! T-Then you two c-can settle your sexual tensions." Toby says smugly. "TOBY!!! IM GONNA KILL YOU!!!" Masky shouts angrily as I laugh my ass off. "Sorry. We know you don't like her, but it's funny." Hoodie laughs softly, "Now let's go, we have a mission to complete." He says then all of them go offline. Immediately after they go offline, I see a dead end in front of me. I groan in annoyance as I hear sirens going off, so I start climbing up the side of the building. As soon I climb on the roof, I start sprinting again, trying to keep the cops busy for as long as possible.

  Soon, I starts to hear gunshots coming at me and one even grazes my cheek making me bleed. Shit! I think as I get to the end of the roof and jump off into the alleyways. I go to run, but I see a squad of cops blocking my way! Double shit! I think as they start shooting at me. And thanks to my newly discovered enhanced senses and reaction time, I narrowly dodge the bullets and kill the cops. But, instead of running, something comes over me. A crazed smile starts spreading across my face as I lick the blood off my gauntlets. I start laughing hysterically and turn around to see the other cops. "This is gonna be fun!" I say as I tilt my head to the side and smile crazily. Some of the cops seem to be kinda freaked out, while some others are shaking in fear.

   I start to walk over to them, my mind clouded by bloodlust and insanity. "What should I do? Should I break every bone in your body? Should I see how many punches you can take from my gauntlets? No, I'm not even going to use my gauntlets." I smile as I take my gauntlets off and drop them. "I think killing you with my bare hands will be much more fun!" I laugh as I run behind one cop and immediately snap his neck with my bare hands. "Who's next?" One of the older cops points his gun at my but I swiftly grab his wrist, break it, yank the gun out of his head, and shoot his thigh so that he'll bleed to death.

Then, I get shot in the shoulder, and my mind clears immediately. Shit! I have to go before I faint! I think then immediately grab my gauntlets and sprint off. "This is not good, this is NOT good!" I say as I run through the street. Then, I see an abandoned house. Perfect! I'll lose them in there! I smirk as I jump through the window, block the door, and run upstairs. That should stall them for a bit. I think to myself as I rip a part of my tank top off and wrap it around my shoulder as a bandage.

"Go! Go! Look everywhere we have to find him!" I hear the cops say as they get inside. "I'm a girl damnit..." I growl under my breath as I clench my hands. I press the button on my communicator, "Guys, I need help!" I whisper then hear Hoodie say, "What's wrong?" "I'm in an abandoned house, the cops got in, and I've been shot in the shoulder!" I hear a growl come from Masky, "Why do you always have to get in trouble?" "Shut it ass-mask." "I'm gonna kill you for saying that later. But we're coming now, we've killed the guy we were after anyway."
He says then they disconnect.

"Check in this room!" I hear the cops say outside the room I'm in. I immediately scram under a piece of furniture, which happened to be a bed, and go completely silent as they bust in. "Check in the closet!" One of them barks as another one carefully opens the closet door. "There's no one in here. Let's go. He probably left." "DAMNIT! We were this close to catching him too!" One says as I let out a sigh of relief. "Wait! What was that?" Another one says as I mentally curse myself. "I think he might be under the bed." They say as one looks under the bed and sees me! "I FOUND HIM-" then, a hatchet flys into his head! Thank god they got here in time! "It's an ambush! Look-" one of them goes to say as Masky hits him in the back of the head with a pipe then Hoodie grabs his gun! "Free-" BANG! I hear as Hoodie fires the gun. "Sc-Scarlett, where are y-you?" Toby stutters as I try to get out from under the bed. "I'm under here! And stuck..." Toby groans then grabs my arm to pull me out. "AHH! DONT PULL THAT ARM!" I scream as I grip my shoulder. "Wh-Whoops." He says then grabs my other arm and pulls me out. "Thanks guys. I thought I was gonna die." I chuckle nervously as they glare at me. "What?" "You need to be more careful. You could've been caught. Then WE'D had to kill you." "Yeah, yeah. Don't give me that speech again." I groan then Hoodie grabs the collar of my tank top. "We mean it Scarlett. If you get caught we'll kill you without a second thought. We can't risk anyone finding out more about us." "Whatever grumpy pants." I grunt then yank his hand off my shirt. "Let's just go back to the forest." "What about the other cops?" Masky asks, "I scared all the ones you didn't kill off." I say then we run back to the forest.