I Hate You, I Love You

Emma's heart broke, as she opened the door of the bar that Killian worked at, just as the woman with the dark hair, pulled him over the counter, and kissed him. That wouldn't have killed her, but he didn't pull away, and when he finally did, she saw him whisper her name. A name she saw each time they made love. The name tattooed on his arm. "Milah" When she dropped the bag that held the dinner she promised to bring, he looked up. His eyes went wide. "Emma?" he breathed.

She hadn't waited to hear his explanation. She bit back the tears, as she ran out of the bar. She ran two blocks before she stopped. She heard him yelling her name in the distance. Dammit. Usually in situations like this, Emma would go to the person that hurt her. Killian was the person she went to, whenever her life turned to shit. When Neal left her, when Graham died. She never should have let him further into her heart, the night that he kissed her under the stars at the dance on the docks. She should have known. Everyone hurt her, everyone left her, why would Killian Jones be any different. There was no way, she would go back to the apartment tonight. She fumbled with her phone and called her sister, if anyone could help her, it was M&M.

~~I hate you~~

"C'mon sailor." Milah said, leaning on the bar. "One kiss, for old time's sake." She reached over the bar and grabbed his tie, and nothing he was going to say in objection reached his lips, as she crushed hers to him.

He heard the crash, he pushed Milah away. "Milah…" he growled, before he looked up and caught betrayed green eyes across the bar. "Emma?" he breathed. He could tell, by the look on her face, all she had seen was Milah kissing him. She probably thought the worst. His fears were confirmed, as she ran out of the bar and into the night.

"Emma!" He called, she nowhere in sight. "Emma, come back. Emma please!" He dug his phone out of his pocket, he dialed his mate, and Emma's brother-in-law, David. "David." He practically sobbed when the other man answered.

"Killian? What is it? Are you okay?" David's voice crackled with concern on the other end.

"Mate, I need help. I screwed up. Milah…" His voice broke. "Milah, she came to the bar… and… and she kissed me. I pushed her away, but it was too late… Emma saw. I need your help. She ran away. I don't know where she went. Please. I'm desperate." He pleaded. He heard the door open, and Milah sauntered out.

"Killian, calm down. We'll fix this. We just need to get Emma to listen."

Killian shook his head, hand coming to hold his forehead. "I don't think it'll be that easy, mate." He whispered. "Before Neal left, she caught him cheating. I was the one person she told. She would never forgive me if she thought…" He broke off, as he felt hands on his shoulders. He spun and shoved Milah away. "This is your fault!" He shouted, as he ended the call with David. Before he spun and stormed away from the shocked woman. He needed to find Emma.

~~I love you~~

"She doesn't want to see you." Mary Margaret snapped, as she opened the door. Emma curled herself onto her chair. Hoping he would go. She knew he wouldn't though.

"Please. I need to explain." Killian pleaded, and Emma almost went to him, but then she saw Milah kissing him, and she stayed frozen. "Emma!" He cried into the apartment. "Emma, please! It wasn't what it looked like."

M&M glanced at her. Emma shook her head, mouthing the words, "Please, make him go."

"You need to leave. Before you wake the neighbors. Don't come back, Killian." Mary Margaret said, before she closed the door. Killian pounded on the door, twice, before they heard the solid thump of his head impacting the door, then footsteps leading away.

Emma broke down again, and her sister wrapped her into her arms.

~~I hate that I love you~~

He sat on their couch, a bottle of rum in his hand, his phone in his hand, a message typed under her name.