1. Any Time at All

Hello, yes, yet another "time travel" fic. Hopefully this one is a bit different although who really knows? I just write what I'd like to read. This is my first time posting on Wattpad so I'm still a little unsure how it works, but I thought today of all days would be a good one to post this. This is going out to all of my fellow George girls. "Life goes on within you and without you."

--

"You'll have to go back soon, I s'pose?"

"Yes."

"How soon?"

A long moment extends between them, heavy and silent and so tense with emotion it makes her dizzy.

"Oh, I see. That soon, then."

She blinks at him a few times, heavy tears resting against her lashes and threatening to spill over. George blurs and wobbles in front of her as they finally drop and flow steady over her cheeks. He trails them with his eyes, his jaw tensing. He sniffs, licks his bottom lip. Looks off, looks back at her.

"When... when will I see you again?"

--

California – September 5th, 2016

"Jesus... this is – what the hell have you been keeping in here? Granddad? Granddad?!"

"All right, all right, quit screaming your 'ead off! I'm coming, I'm coming..."

Heavy footsteps rattle the creaky wooden stairs as the older gentleman comes into view, grumbling around some kind of food stuffed into his mouth. She rolls her eyes, wiping sweat off her brow with the arms of her flannel shirt as she watches him scramble toward her. Tea sloshes over the side of a cup and she can't quell the snort that emerges when her grandfather yelps as the scalding liquid contacts his hand.

"Oh, bugger me!" Bits of what she now recognizes are a Ginger Nut biscuit fly out at his proclamation.

She walks over, quickly takes the cookie from the man and takes a bite of it herself as she waltzes back over to the table overrun with various blinking bits and bobs. The sharp smell of burning metal hangs in the air, along with engine grease and now, a strong cup of Yorkshire Tea.

"Ey! Give that back, you! Who said you could go around filchin' from the elderly?"

"This is just a small reward for my troubles."

"Your troubles? Your troubles?! If I remember clearly, my dear, you were the one who said we should just bodge it together and call it a day. Now look, you've got yourself all in a huff because of your mistake and you're blaming it on your granddad? Shame, that is."