Chapter 2

(Alex's POV)

*15 years old present*

I fucking hate this family. I fucking hate myself. Fuck it.

"Alex get downstairs it's yours and Ben's first day of school!" My mom yelled. I know shocking right. She's bipolar so most of the time she's depressed and angry, but every once in a while she's mother of the year like right now.

Breakfast was made by the time I got downstairs. It was days like these that I actually loved my mother and if she ever took her medication I'd love her more days, but she hates pills.

Ben was sat at the table the only difference between us now and 2 years ago is height. I'm still about 5'2 and he had grown to around 5'10. So not fair.

(A/N: I'm pretty sure its implied but Alex and Ben are the same age)

I went over to the kitchen table and sat next to Ben. Breakfast was on the table.

"Thanks mom," I said softly. I was kinda surprised she heard me. I don't like to talk loud it reminds me of the yelling that we'll probably be coming back to.

"No problem sweetie," She smiled. Smiled. Wow. That's...ok?

"Alex we gotta catch the bus hurry up," Ben said getting up and putting his plate in the sink. His voice was still as deep and gravelly sounding. Kinda reminds me of Andy Biersack.

"I'm coming," I mumbled as I finished breakfast and grabbed my backpack. He was waiting for me by the front door.

"Alright let's go," He grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door and then we walked down the road to the bus. stop. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary for us to hold hands we had grown pretty close ever since he first got here.

*Flashback 2 years ago*

I had just locked the door behind me. My dad was in the house now. Since mom was asleep I knew that if he found out Ben was here before she told him it would be my ass. Literally.

"Who's that?" Ben asked.

"My dad. Look just, you can't leave our room for a few days. He doesn't know you're here and if he finds out before my mom tells him I'm gonna be in deep shit. There's a bathroom over by the closet so don't worry about that and I can bring food up here for you too. Just be quiet and I'll be right back."

"Ok," he said rather calmly. Well I would've been flipping out.

I unlocked the door and tip toed down the stairs. My dad was sitting at the table eating dinner. Fuck. On the brightside he didn't look mad, but if he saw me that would change in a heart beat. So I quietly went back upstairs. Walked into my bedroom and locked the door.

"Hey," I jumped turning around. Damn I almost forgot he was here.

"Ok uhm w-well my dad is d-downstairs so i couldn't get u-us any food. S-Sorry." I stuttered out. He's making me really nervous. Maybe I should tell him to stop looking at me when I talk. No, that's stupid Alex.

"That's ok I'm not really hungry anyway," he said and layed down on my bed. What the fuck?

"Ben what are you doing?" I asked.

"Laying down. By the way, where's your bed?"

"You're kinda laying in it. Sorry Benny but you are so sleeping on the floor." I said giggling a bit. Giggling? Fuck me that's embarrassing.

"What? No way! There's enough room for both of us." He pointed out.

"Ok, but what about in a couple of years who knows how big we'll both be?" I think I've won this round.