Chapter 24: Bad Blood Boiling

Start from the beginning

“Don’t worry, Connor. I know I’m a cannibal but you’re not so rest assured this is just canned porridge. There is no meat whatsoever inside, okay?” He flashed a genuine smile of care and brotherly notions as if he’s babysitting a little brother who’s not that keen to eat any form of vegetables. He’s trying to coax me into at least eat a bit from the bowl.

He was struggling a bit with his brotherly concerned act though. I could see it through him as well. Patience wasn’t really one of his many virtues so I could enjoy how long it will take until he will eventually crack. He brought me here because he was worried that the others might be on his track so he needs to disappear for a while, taking me with him. I shivered a little not because of the coldness presenting around the small shack but more of the horrid stuff he had done inside. The gory details might not be obvious at one glance but I have a feeling that this isn’t the first time he had brought someone to this deserted place and probably murdered them once he’s finished with his fucked up wishes.

The disposable nature that dwells within me made my mind stirred more towards survival. He’s trying his best to feed me with the spoonful of warm porridge which leave his offering hand hanging for a few minutes approaching my mouth. I turned my face the other way round which made his brows furrowed as he sighed, his voice sounded annoyed but still focused with the game of persuasion.

“Come on Connor, you don’t have to finish the whole bowl. Just eat some for your strength. Just so you know I won’t give up on you yet so come on man, humor me at least.”

He’s skinnier but also leaner as compared to me. He must have been working out quite a lot as well like any average gay guys around his age; I presumed he has to keep up the vanity and appearance on the best optimum level. I’m still a bit bulkier in terms of mass but I won’t make a huge mistake of underestimating his own physical prowess. I have already noted that he had killed at least three innocent gay dudes before so that’s not something to mess with if he has more control.

I finally gave in and opened my mouth a bit, big enough only to allow the spoonful of porridge. My throat is a bit parched and dried but I wasn’t that stupid to include not drinking in my hunger strike mode. I still remembered Alain sharing the fact that a normal human can go up to 7 days without food but only 3 whole days without water so I don’t feel like being too snobbish not to drink the water he occasionally offered.

The porridge taste like shit, no make that crap. I don’t know which one is worse, considering the fact that both of those items are practically the same thing. It was bland and the warm, gritty texture made me feel like puking it back all over his lap since he was sitting so close facing me.

“Now there’s a good boy. You don’t have to chew it up, just swallow. I’m sorry I’m not the best cook but that’s like tons of calories inside that spoonful alone.” He began with his chatty mood, giving me another smile of that flawless set of white teeth. 

I nodded and pretended that I’m actually enjoying the tastelessness of the crappy, gooey wheat mush inside my mouth. I really don’t feel like pushing it down my throat and ingest it either. I flashed a meek smile while I completely ignored his request by sloshing the stuff around in my mouth, playing with it with my tongue and chewing the tiny lumpy bits. Then, with a lot of effort I swallowed it hard. The joy was sparkling in his eyes when he saw me eating the shitty food. The feeling of it going down to my empty, forgotten tummy was indescribable but one thing for sure is I don’t feel like eating it some more.

“I think that’s more than enough, thanks.”

He tried to offer a second spoonful but I shook my head as politely as I possibly can. He looked a bit disappointed but ignored my obvious refusal. The warm porridge might get colder soon and he would probably give up then. He should eat the stuff himself and learn the unappetizing appeal of the porridge.