Chapter 4: Anniversaire

It took me an entire week to finish this chapter OMG I'm getting slackier sorry guys

I will try my best to get over and done with this semester along with exams in college and once summer break starts I'm goin to be full on excited to write MORE chappies

I could sense some drama arriving soon

VOTE, LIKE and LEAVE A COMMENT, the usuals my lovelies

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ALAIN’s POV

The piano sounded like a melodious symphony as his fingers danced around the keyboard. I am indeed, terribly impressed by his musical talent. I didn’t even know that he could play a piano, well not until this very moment then.

I knew him as a gifted sporty boy. Well, let’s just say that you’ll learn something new more and more about someone that you really liked. In this case, he surprised me a little with his wonderful acoustic piano rendition of Skyfall by Adele. He would never cease to amaze me every day.

The sweet tunes filled up the entire room. He knew the keys by heart, without needing any score sheet at all. The loveliest part would be he’s dedicating the song to me. An employee of the rehab center joined in with a skillful take on the gold-coated saxophone. It’s a great duo of musical interpretation.

The lounge and games room was spacious enough to hold a few large tables as the elderly residents are seated. They were mostly enthralled by Connor’s piano rendition, much like me. It’s for a special occasion and I chose it to be held here, in the elderly rehab center because I’ve been volunteering here for almost a month now with Connor. He’s actually the one who introduced me to the lovely place filled with health facilities for the old folks’ home nearby.      

By the time the piano rendition is finished, everyone clapped their hands making it sounded more like an orchestra performance by a musical prodigy in some fancy upscale grand theatre. Some of the elderlies gave him standing ovation while some of the elderly ladies gave him a few whistling noises with their fingers on their mouth which made him blushed further.

Then they turn their attention towards me. I’m not a celebrity nor am I being celebrated much, but I chose this sweet beautiful place to hold my birthday party. I could see Nasty Amy sitting really close to Jack and they look really chummy together, more like best mates rather than what you would call an item. Besides, he had to keep up with the pace to make sure that Amy would not play hard to get for too long because it’s obvious that she’s smitten to him as well. But Amy being Amy, it might take a while for her to confess it unlike most girls.

Ma and Dad were lovely enough to join us for the birthday party too. I know I’m their only son, an adopted one too. After meeting up with Mr. Schwann about a month ago it made them cherish me more as if they don’t wanna let me go. Mr. Schwann kindly explained that he respected my foster parents’ decision to bathe me continuous love and he wouldn’t do anything to destroy that. He would only wish the best for me and he said that he was very proud that they had groomed me to be a wonderful teenage boy under their roof for almost 18 years now.

He also added that my biological mother will come over and visit us this summer, as planned. He mentioned that my Thai mother is a great lady so my foster parents replied with enthusiasm for her upcoming visit but yeah that would be a few more months away so we’re all will be ready by then.