Chapter 19: The Flight of the Hero

Finally a new chappie after such a long hiatus (a month or so?)

Well I knwo I shouldnt be giving you excuses but I was taken over by college (being a medical sure is tough!) But I'll survive. Something awful happened two weeks ago and I'm still mourning for her loss. My mum is in a much better place now may God rest her in peace among the angels in heaven above.

Anyways, enjoy the new misfortune.

VOTE, LEAVE A COMMENT, LIKE and SHARE. DO THEM ALL NOW!

for my mum please? Im sure she would really appreciate it.

 Btw UGLY and PROUD is being published as we speak so I have to take it up soon sorry >.<

CONNOR’s POV

Yes, I do consider myself a hypocrite. It had been coursing through my veins the very minute I left Alain in the room with his mom. I didn’t know what else to do. I’ve never actually felt this kind of hurt before and it wasn’t easy. I knew I should be tougher than this; after all that I’ve been through but nothing could sum up the hurt welling inside me.

He hadn’t done anything too major but still, I wormed my way out and just ran away from the fact that I did the same thing. My heart was thumping like mad I wish it could skip a few beats and I might just fall flat on the ground and never move again.

I’ve only dated two girls back in middle school and when I was a sophomore, Niesta came into my life and then I felt sort of complete. But those weren’t really a truly honest relationship because I felt like I’d used them since I’d been lying to myself. My true affection was reserved only for a really special someone who happened to be a boy.

I checked my iPhone and there wasn’t any new texts or missed calls from anyone. Not even him. It had only been half an hour since I fled like a wimpy boy out of the house just because I couldn’t handle the hurt inside me. My guilt was clearly making fun of me as I realized that I actually deserved this. I kissed someone else and it wasn’t a spur of the moment kind of thing either, I kissed a lady twice my age and I felt like it was the most common thing in the world. I kept telling myself a white lie: she needed it and she was in pain and I helped her got through it, even if it was just an innocent kiss.

I should’ve expected this. I messed up as well but he had been stronger. He came out clean while I was struggling to delete the guilt away from my mind. Jack was doing a fine job reminding me to keep my mouth shut and I believed him straightaway, that it was for the best that no one know.

It was freezing and the H&M sweater that Mrs. Westerfeld bought for me was the only thing that I could muster in my rush out of their house. Not my house, theirs. I was nothing but a nuisance, begging for sympathy and they took me in. I spoiled that through and through with my stupid decision.

      I just stood there, facing the front door wishing that everything was perfect the way it used to be. I would be back from fishing with my dad and then my mother would usher us in with a scrumptious lunch and we would just chill by the couch together. My parents would be sharing sweet affection with each other, soft kisses on their lips and then they would kiss my cheeks together and made it feel so wonderful. Like there was nothing that could ruin the happiness in my family… not even death but that all happened way back when I was too small, that life wasn’t that easy.

I heard a loud slam from the neighbor’s house. I quickly hid behind the big tree that had grown at least a few years before I was born. It was shady and the winter darkness covered me well. I peeked behind my shoulders to see that Mrs. Netters came waddling out of her house with a cigarette stick between her fingers, the fumes evaporated out of her nose. The other hand was stabbing the somewhat mushy ground with her lance-like walking stick ready to pierce through anyone who dared to come uninvited to her property. She has never been really excited for guests to come over for visits so the rest of the neighborhood just gave up on it especially after her husband’s death.