Chapter 23: Nativity of Evildoers

AUDREY's POV

“Are you sure this is going to work?” I’m through with his skepticism so I just shot him my own version of Naeema’s icy cold mad glare and he zipped his mouth shut on the spot.

I do feel a bit guilty for dragging Keith along in this silly, stupid plan that might just be another absolute bust and waste of time. I convinced him through the fact that Connor might be in danger if we decided to just sit our asses down and do nothing. This is better than nothing right? Alain and Amanda might have their own plan. I lied to Tanner I didn’t even call them because for one, they couldn’t even have the decency to keep me updated about it and turns out I’m no longer included in the Angels’ radar anymore. Well, I’m not saying that I’m furious about being left out and had to find it out through Connor’s twin brother no I’m not that pathetic but that doesn’t mean that I’m all okay with it either. They should have included Naeema and me too, who knows we might be more a help that they would give us credit for?

Alain and Amanda is the perfect duo with their perfect own little world and I hate to admit it but the Angels seem to be divided into two factions slowly through the cold ass wintry days. Naeema and I constitute the lesser Angels while the other two made up the Archangels mode. Who am I kidding right? I’m doing this for Connor and Alain, they both belong to each other. Besides Alain doesn’t need to know about Tanner just yet, I promised the guy that.

“Babe, I don’t think we should really meddle in stuff like this. We might get in too deep.” His voice laced with true concern for my own safety. He had grown more protective and cautious around me especially after the incident at Freddy’s house.

Now everyone knows about my split personality disorder and I hate it when all my insecurities were shown for others to see. It’s unfair but that’s life for you. I wish I was born white and pretty and blonde but hell that ain’t going to ever happen not in a billion years.

“It’s going to be okay, Keith. If this plan flunk out then we know who’s going to put the blame on right? The guy just came up to me and expects me to go on with it and thus dragging you along.”

He crossed his strong arms high on his wide sturdy pecs, looking as sexy as hell. I wish I could know what’s in his mind so I wouldn’t feel so bad. It’s his house and we might just be barging in for nothing. I could still see the same amount of interest and skepticism glistening in his gorgeous blue eyes so I guess he’s in this with me even if it’s only half-heartedly. That’s more than enough to be honest. It showed his dedication and willingness to be there for me through thick and thin and test out the waters of our relationship which is quite calm and collected so far.

I’m sitting on his big double bed inside his room, both of waiting anxiously for Tanner and his voodoo priestess friend.

The same bedroom where he gave Alain’s first kiss and where he fucked that gothic ass bitch just because she wanted to spite Connor away from Alain, while using Keith at her disposal. Honestly I have nothing against either of them, past is past but I’m just super jealous they got to taste him first way before I could ever imagine myself being his girlfriend. He used to be a wild and hot casanova but he’s a changed boy now and I would like to keep him that way. 

 “They’ll be coming over soon and we have to keep it hush hush. Alain doesn’t need to know about this just yet. Not until if we find out whether this guy is calling a bluff or not.”

“But what perplexed me the most is how the hell did he find out about Mr. Holloway’s ghost?”

“So you’re not denying this then? Are you saying that you’re been spooked by the old man’s spirit a few times before?”