Chapter 16: Sweater Weather

I originally wanted to give this chappie 'Wintry Formalities' as a title but that sounds so cliched considering i just changed it a bit from the dance name

But anyways, I dunno if this is good enough but hope you'll enjoy the sweet romance between Calain. Hmm I dunno how to come up with a better name tho. Connor + Alain anyone?

VOTE, LEAVE a COMMENT, LIKE, SHARE etc

ALAIN’s POV

“Are you ready babe?” I looked up at him after I’m done tying my shoelaces neatly. He stood towering over me and I’d never felt more scrawny and small in my life.

I stood up and still feel his broad shoulders and muscular arms wrapping me once again. I’ll never get bored of his warm embrace because he loves to nuzzle his nose on my hair. “Yeah, I’m all ready to go now. Have I mentioned to you how much I hated school dances before?”

He shook his head and let me go, cupping my face with his hands and I immediately received a gentle peck on my forehead and both my cheeks, leaving a raising trail of blush behind. He couldn’t stop treating me like I’m five years old and he pinched my cheeks since the flushing rosy cheeks are too cute for my own good, as he quoted.

“It’s gonna be okay, Alain. It’s not my thing either but as long as you’re going with me then I’m sure it’ll be awesome.” Then we both took one last look at the tall mirror in our bedroom, I fixed my tie and my hair and he copied me, standing so close and comfortable behind me before sneaking another quick kiss on my neck.

Yes, I still haven’t told him about the threesome (not sure if it truly happened or not) or the stupid mistakes of falling into the temptations offered the next morning either. I called Aiden about our father and once hearing it, he bought the next plane ticket off to Berlin. I don’t know how to think about that, at least he’ll be off my hair for perhaps another week or so. I wish I could join him as well, Mr. Schwann is a really cool guy and I prayed for his health, coping with whatever traces of strength left in his cancer body.

“Hey, you’re all right there?” He stopped me as we’re descending halfway down the stairs to the living room, leading to the front door. I blinked a few times, relieved that he would always check up on me whenever I zoned out with my thoughts or else I might have fall off the stairs. Besides, he would be my knight in shining armor to catch me effortlessly before I would even begin to slip off and break my neck.

“Yeah, I’m good. Well we should probably hurry up then. I’m sure Freddy is annoyed at waiting for us by now.” I mumbled with a wide sincere smile at him and he returned an equal one back to me. We hold hands and once we arrived down the stairs, the familiar faces beaming at me.

Ma was standing with her hands clutched onto her chest, her eyes almost watery with joy and Dad saved the day from the awkward embarrassment by snaking his arms around her waist pulled her closer, his eyes winking at me then gave me thumbs up. It worked for a minute before she gushed further, trying to wipe some tears of her dramatic face shining with love. “Aww my baby boy is all suited up and looking so beautiful. I always dreamt of this for so long, to see you all grown and matured you know.”

Amy stood next to them, her arms crossed on her chest looking smug and annoyed as ever. She looks stunning in her red dress and her girlish pumps which are a nice alternative to her usual tough girl look made her radiating with innocence and beauty. I had rarely seen her in dresses so I would always smirked at her whenever I got the chance to make fun of her about it. She hates formal events and we shared that as a common ground. This suit and tie is killing me!

She hates chaperoning and she hates silly school dances way more than I do so it would be fun to have her around, at least my mind won’t be too preoccupied with that steamy mistakes. “Yeah sure, they look so goddamn adorable now can we get on with it? I didn’t know Alain have to put on makeup and shit, no wonder it took him an hour just to get ready.”