Chapter 24: Bad Blood Boiling

CONNOR’s POV

He slapped my cheeks lightly as I struggled to open my eyes. Sure it would be easy to maintain my cool, calm and collected disposition but that all require a huge amount of energy, way more than I could muster.

“Dude, you haven’t been eating for four days now. I’m not going to let you die of hunger under my watch.” For a second, I could feel the endearment and concern laced in his voice. It wasn’t a bad sort of voice either it was a good mix of pure masculine vibe and desperation to maintain that masculinity.

I decided to keep my mouth shut. It’s my own mechanism of dealing with this beautiful madman. I got the pleasure to get to know him better over the past few days since he kidnapped like against my will like a true coward he is but I still respect his methods as a human being. I’m still new to this whole gay crowd thing. But I have to admit that he also has a nicer side of things, like he would treat me like a little brother even if I just ignore him pretty much the entire time.

“I can read your mind, you know. It’s not that difficult. I do believe that I could read the truth out of people’s faces and expressions, like a true gift.”

 I gave him a long hard stare which made him flinch a bit but quickly regained his equally cool composure and then slowly turned my gaze towards the windows. I could see freedom in the form of old shady trees that create a fake canopy, covering the cold and dim evening sunlight glow. The new place seems worse than the previous one which I presumed was his own place. He drove me all the way here in the middle of nowhere yesterday, he took me hostage as he please which seems like a chore that he enjoy way too much. It took about an hour ride in his tiny car – if I’m not mistaken because he drugged me into a slight lull – and I could glance at the small empty and abandoned shack in the dark woods before he tied me up again.

“You can be angry and play the silent treatment with me all you want, Connor but sooner or later you’ll see that I care about you too. I’m so jealous that Alain could have a guy like you and I could only attract douchebags and jerks.” His voice strained a bit with his growing self-pity and I continued to focus on the owl hooting outside through the windows in the distant trees.

Then he chuckled to himself as he readjusts his butt on the chair facing me. I kinda got used to it by now, his sudden chuckles all to himself and he would wipe fake tears off his eyes as the scary and cold disposition returned again to take over. He pulled the chair closer towards me while balancing a bowl of something thick and gooey on his other palm. I am still tied to another wooden chair wearing nothing but a pair of black tight boxers, the chillness biting into my exposed skin as I began to grow weaker. Weak enough to even maintain my ignoring façade and he’s breaking into my walls with no apparent need to be so aggressive and forceful about it.

He knew that I am the only one who’s tormenting myself further and further without him pushing me off. He had probably played this game for countless times before with a twisted mind to overcome my own reservations. 

He’s not bipolar, I learnt that by now. He’s something else indeed, something much more sinister.

“Please eat some of this porridge, man. I don’t want to alarm you too much but trust me when I said that you’re growing scrawnier by the minutes.” I manage to give out a repugnant scoff and then my lungs became too weak it gave out some cackling coughs instead. My lips are too dry to even be bothered to speak.

My willpower is mine and only mine to control and he won’t ever succeed to break me from the inside. I will not bend to his sick mind games. I need to do this for Alain. I will be strong enough soon once I muster enough power to beat this guy but yeah that might take a while. He’s right though. At this rate I would be nothing but skins and bones if I keep up my somewhat pointless rebellion.