The Alpha's Mate?! Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Peyton's POV

It's been weeks since me and Trent moved into the pack house. Ashley was getting closer to her due date and I was ready to meet my niece, and find out if I was having a girl or a boy.

Me and Trent were currently in bed with his right arm under my head, and his left hand was rubbing my belly (the baby likes when Trent does that).

"Can you believe it? Today we find out if we are going to have a little girl or a little boy," Trent said braking the comfortable silence.

"I'm excited. I can't wait to meet my niece, but mostly I can't wait to meet my little girl or boy."

He sighed. "You know I wish it could always be like this. Just you and me laying in bed and just being lazy. You know not having to worry about the Blake and Jace situation."

I nodded. After Jace told us everything we were willing to let him join the pack, but he said he had to stay rogue. He went, not really back to his father, he actually went as our spy. Every night he comes and if there's any news on an attack being planned or something else he tells us. As Jace said he thinks Blake is going to strike closer to my due date, but now that I'm a month pregnant and one month to go we have more guards stationed everywhere and troops practicing to fight everyday.

I looked up at Trent and smiled. He was about to say something when my phone rang. I put up a finger and grabbed my phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Peyton?" It was my mom.

"Oh, hey mom. What's up?"

"Honey, Ashley is a few days early but she just went into labor. She's at the pack doctor's. Get down here!"

"Okay. On my way," I said hanging up.

"What's going on?" Trent asked worried.

"Ashley went into early labor. She's on her way to the pack doctor now."

"Oh. Well let's go," he said grabbing my hand and walking out the door.

We got to Trent's car he started driving to the pack doctors (aka the hospital). Since only a few humans live in town the whole hospital is basically werewolfs minus a few humans.

When we got there I ran up to the receptionist and asked for Ashley. She told us where she was and we headed in that direction. I saw the hospital door and saw Ethan, mom, dad, and Jason's parents outside of the door.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked mom.

"The pack doctor said she had to start pushing but she wanted Jason and you, but you weren't here yet so Lexi went instead," she replied.

"Oh."

She was about to say something else when Ashley's door opened. The pack doctor came out and he looked at me. "Luna Peyton, your sister wants you to meet your niece."

I looked up at Trent and he smiled at me. I grabbed his hand and started walking into Ashley's room.

When I walked in I saw Lexi sitting in a chair, and Ashley and Jason smiling at a little bundle that was in Ashley's arms. Ashley looked at me and smiled. "Peyton, come meet your niece," she said.

I walked over to the other side of the hospital bed and Ashley handed me her daughter. She fit perfectly in my arms and I couldn't help but smile. I looked up at Trent and he was smiling too. He brought his hand up and stroked her cheek and had some tears in his eyes.

I looked back at Ashley and saw her smiling at Trent. "Trent? Would you like to hold her?" she asked him.

"Can I?" he responded and she nodded.

I handed her to him and a huge smile appeared on his face and he kissed her forehead. In that moment I knew Trent will be a great father when our child is born.

I looked at Ashley and said, "Are you gonna keep the name Michelle?"

"Yes. She looks like a Michelle. You were dead on with that Peyton," she said.

"Thanks."

I looked at Trent and he handed Michelle back to me. After I held her a little bit longer Ashley took her back and soon everyone started coming in. Everyone held Michelle and couldn't believe how much she looked like Ashley. They could be twins except she has Jason's eyes not Ashley's.

"Excuse me," the pack doctor said coming in and he turned to me and Trent. "Alpha Trent, Luna Peyton it's time to find out if you're having a girl or a boy."

I looked at Trent and he squeezed my shoulders. "Lets go," he said.

"Good luck Pey," everyone said together. I smiled and followed the pack doctor to the examination room.

"Lay down here," the doctor instructed and I obeyed. Trent came and took my hand and kissed it.

"I love you Peyton," he said.

"I love you too," I replied.

The pack doctor lifted up my shirt and put some gel on it. "Okay," he started, "this gel help's make it to where you can get a ultrasound, and this" -he said holding up a weird looking thingy- "helps move so we can see the baby. It's like the camera guy."

I nodded and he put the tool on my stomach and started moving it around. Me and Trent were both looking at the screen and we gasped at what we saw.

"Is that what I think it is?" I said feeling tears of happiness in my eyes.

"Yes. It's twins, and from the looks of it one's a boy and the other is a girl. Congratulations," he replied.

I couldn't hold it in anymore the tears came spilling out and I couldn't help the smile on my face. I looked at Trent and he smiled and kissed me. I couldn't believe it.

We're having a boy and a girl. Twins!