"You okay Rob? Right after you grabbed that rose you just kinda passed out on the spot."
"What...? Oh yeah... I'm fine now thanks. But once we get back I have a bit of interesting stuff to tell you guys."
"Did you remember anything?"
"I'm pretty sure it was a memory... But I won't wanna spoil it quite yet."

I glance down at the rose still clutched in my hand. Thank you little flower. And so with that Preston doesn't waste a second to rise to his feet and begin dashing away.

"Hey, wait for me!" I laugh, springing up and bolting after him.

~~~

"GUYS ROB REMEMBERS STUFF BUT HE WONT TELL ME UNTIL YOU'RE ALL HERE SO GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE." Preston screams at the top of his lungs upon entering the house.
"Shush, I was to one who was supposed to say that." I scold him, latching my hand over his mouth.

But in return he only giggles, watching as Vikk, Mitch, and Jerome descend from the stairs. Each of them looking equally curious.

"Where's Lachlan?" I ask, Vikk frowning in return.
     "He's not doing so hot. That poison is really strong... It's lasting much monger than I expected. But I guess this is fairly important, so I'll see if I can get him down here." Vikk trails on, turning to leave.
     "It's fine Vikk, if Lachlan is sick we wouldn't want to push him too hard. Just... Fill him in later." Preston states solemnly.

     Vikks nods, and everyone kinda circles around me.

     "Well let's see... I'll try and explain this as simple as possible..."
     "Actually Rob, you don't have to simplify it. Tell us every bit of juicy detail you know... After all we don't have a clue so don't leave anything out."
     "Alrig-"
     "But," Jerome butts in, "Just don't go all story teller on us and make it super long. I don't think I my attention span can continue on like that."
     I chuckle an nod, "Well then I guess the best place to start is... *Insert detailed explanation of Robs memory here. (Ain't nobody got time for dat)* and... That should cover everything. Was the length good for you Jerome?"

     Jerome chuckles and nods approvingly.

     "Alright so just a little recap..." Preston recalls, "We all definitely knew each other before what ever happened to us happened, we call ourselves 'The Pack', and we made a village so people could come and stay?"
     "Pretty much... And I guess if this isn't some kind of trick there could still be people waiting for us to get back. Well assuming that people actually stumbled across our village that is." I point out.
     "Well I'm thankful we have a little bit to go on now... I'll go fill Lachlan in on this the best I can." Vikk decides, turning and climbing up the stairs.
"Alright so new game plan. If there's more items like that out there that will restore our memories then we need to go find those. But we'll have to wait for Lachlan to get better first." Mitch declares, pacing before leaning against a wall.
Preston nods and crosses his arms, "Also if you noticed... It seems Rob was the only one to feel a motive to go that way. So I'm going to guess that there's an item for each of us out there... Like something important from our past."
"It looks like we have a lot of exploring to do... And some more mob fights. I mean, unless Rob was just super unlucky in his item placement I have a hunch that's not the last mutant mob we'll be seeing." Jerome states whilst yawning widely.
"It's night now... I think I'm going to bed. Night guys." Mitch says, glancing out the window. Then he stretches and shuffles up the stairs.
"Make sure to fill Vikk and Lachlan in!" I call after him.

Jerome follows soon after, and then a few minutes later Preston. But I decide to stay a bit longer, enjoying the silence of the night. Well besides the mobs outside that is. Standing alone in the room, torches casting flickering lights upon the walls, I twirl the rose in my hand. Bringing it up to my face I notice when I tilt it a certain way the petals, stem, and even the thorns shimmer purple. I guess it really is enchanted. I note, my eyes grazing over its gorgeous full petals. Which would explain why it wasn't wilted back in the spiders nest.

After a few minutes of rummaging through a chest I finally find what I'm looking for, a flower pot. Gingerly setting the rose in the pot I pour in a bit of water to help it get settled. Then tiptoeing ho the stairs I make a quick pit stop to drop off my swords before ascending to the third level of our house. Creeping past Preston and Vikk's rooms, which are the only ones before mine, I do my best not to make any noise. Finally reaching my door I slip inside, setting the flower on my windowsill. With my eye lids drooping, hardly able to stay open, I pull back the covers on my bed and slip into their welcoming embrace, sleep promptly overtaking me.

~~~