3 - Burn Baby Burn

Start from the beginning

There were pictures and drawings covering every inch of the wall, and there was clothes everywhere spread on the floor. Across the room was a man sitting at a desk staring at his phone. Where was I? Why did this man have me at his house. I started to panic, and that's never good...

"W-w-who are y-you...?" I say, and the mans head shoots up. My vision is still blurred, and black spots are everywhere clouding my sight. For all I know this man could be a rapist.

"Don't worry you're safe" the man says, standing up

"Where am I? Why am I here?! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!?!" I start to tell because I am now in the middle of a panic attack.

Great.

I start to cry and the man rushes over to my side pulling me into his arms, sitting next to me on the bed.

"Shhhh shhhh it's okay Red it's me, Gerard" he says and I can sense the worry in his voice

Oh. I'm at Gerard's house...well then

Why am I at Gerard's house?

He tells me what happened when I calm down, about Bob and how Ray wanted to send me to the hospital but Gerard insisted on me coming back with him. I got up to look in the bathroom mirror and the whole right side of my face was an off reddish purple.

Ew

"Did you want something to eat? It's past lunch time," Gerard says, coming to stand behind me in the mirror.

"Yeah sure, that'd be great" I say will a smile, as he reaches up and hesitantly gives my arms a quick reassuring rub before he walks out.

I head down to the kitchen a couple minutes later, to walk in on Gerard burning two grilled cheese sandwiches.

Burning.

"What the hell are you doing?!?!" I say as I walk in and fill a cup with water before putting out the fire on the stove.

"I was making lunch..." He says as I flip the burned "sandwiches" as Im sure Gerard thought they were into the garbage can.

I put the pan back on the stove, and placed my hands on my hips as a turn to stare at Gerard

"What exactly were you thinking?" I say, taking the motherly role

"I dunno...I wanted to do something nice but I don't really know how to cook well..." He says, scratching the back of his head as he stares at the ground, a tiny smile on his lips, "Sorry"

"Don't be sorry Gee, just...you don't try and cook again" I say, laughing

"Wait...did you just call me Gee?" Gerard says with a smirk

Crap, I did didn't I?

"Uh...yeah I guess haha" I say, looking at the ground

"So that means were friends?" He says anxiously

"Of course" I say and smile up at him, "and thank you, for helping be out, you know about Bob"

"No problem!" Gerard says as he jumps over and wraps his arms around me

Woah

This feels right

I hug him back and we just stand there in the middle of the kitchen holding each other. A good thirty seconds go by and we pull away.

"I should head home now, thank you again" I say collecting up my bag and phone

"But you didn't have lunch" Gerard says, frowning as he reaches out and places his hand on my arm

"Don't worry about it Gerard, really" I say giving him a reassuring smile, and he seems to ease up a bit

"Ok but promise you'll go and get something to eat ok?"

"Yes yes I know I will" I laugh out, "oh and could I use your washroom?"

I have a plan

Gerard shows me to the bathroom and I take out my sharpie

'I hope this will help fix up your phone...' I state on a tissue as I write down my number, and slip it up on the top corner of the mirror

On the drive home I hear my phone beep and look down to a text,

'Thanks Red! I wasn't sure if my phone was gonna make it...she's all better now :D thanks baby! ~Gee"

Baby?

I like it.

A/N: YO YO YO

I'm trying to make this cute

Haaaalp

I fail at cuteness

*Song of the day is "Dead!" because it makes me jumpy*

- zo