July 26, 2008-Part Four

Now that this date is moving back to my place, I have to admit to feeling both more relaxed

Now that this date is moving back to my place, I have to admit to feeling both more relaxed...and more nervous if that makes sense. While I'm relieved to be back in my comfort zone, bringing Prince into my home has me a little unnerved. When's the last time I dusted? It's not exactly like single mothers have time for that crap...

I'm definitely glad now that Sonata's away with her father, despite how much I've been missing her for the last couple of weeks. I can't imagine how this would've turned out if she'd been here...probably with Prince tripping over an errant Barbi or something equally embarrassing...

__

The ride back to my place was relatively uneventful as we settled on listening to an old funk station for the duration of the drive.

Before long, his hand starts making the occasional brush against the back of mine, eventually making the gradual, gentle move toward my knee as our voices mesh together nicely with the radio in the background.

Eventually we pull up to my modest home, and I turn and offer him a tentative smile as I turn off the ignition before moving to open the door "Well, here we are..."

"Nice looking place," he offers with a polite smile as he opens his own door and unexpectedly makes his way over to the driver's side door, grasping my hand in his as I guide us toward the front porch. The gentleman act continues I see...

I meet his gaze with a shy nod as I shuffle through my purse for the key to the front door. Finally locating it, I open the door with a flourish. "Welcome to my humble abode." If I'd known we'd end up back here, I would've tidied up a little more.

Noticing Jake's cookie plate and milk glass still sitting in the sink from earlier, I let out a tiny, almost imperceptible grimace. I really hope he doesn't notice that...

"You've got a nice set up here," he says taking in my small living room with my baby grand piano proudly set up prominently as the centerpiece of the space.

He slowly makes his way over to inspect the piano in closer detail. "This is a beautiful piano. I've never seen one quite like this..." he states in awe, looking impressed. "They don't make them quite like this anymore."

"