Chapter 3

. Chapter 3

Another week has gone by and still sleep has eluded me. I'm starting to get angrier now from not being able to sleep, it has been almost 2 weeks. I'm running on an hour of sleep each day, if even that.

Darkness has descended again, it seems that I get hunted from dusk till dawn.

My ritual begins the moment everyone is in bed. Propping the doors with chairs and moving the tables under the windows. After my usual routine, I head to bed. Obviously my husband has noticed by now something is going on but he hasn't really broached the subject.

This night, I am more angry than normal. When I got to bed and he was laying there almost asleep. I lay down and the noises start. The icemaker starts to freak me out as well as the house just creaking. I finally snap and grab my pillow and hit him on the face.

"What the hell, don't you care that I'm freaking out? Don't you care that I get up and walk around making sure no one's in the house?" I ask all mad.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Are you kidding? You're better then a freaking guard dog. This is the best sleep I've had in my life. Knowing you're on guard duty, making sure no one gets in." He said smirking at me.

"Fuck" I scream out all mad as I got up, he turned to look at me.

"Don't forget the knife under your pillow. I'll sleep better knowing you can protect yourself" he says and falls asleep again,

That whole night, I was busy planning my husband's death. Where I would hide the body. Surprisingly I'm able to finally fall asleep for an hour straight. "Ok progress, I'm making progress."

The next day brought more of the same thing. when I finally fall asleep this night. I remember hearing the window break open. That's what woke me up, so I laid there in bed just listening. My hand was curled around the handle of the knife, ready just in case.

Oh, did I mention that I had taken the top cushion off of my daughter's bed and she was sleeping in the room with us on her cushion on the floor. The baby was next to me on the bed. I would close the bedroom door and lock it.

This just started yesterday. But I felt safer. This way, if anything were to happen, we would die together. Messed up way of thinking but hey "I was freaking going crazy" what do you expect from me.

When morning came I would freak out again. I missed my husband when he would go to work. Not that I felt safer with him here but I needed someone here with me.

It was by the start of the 3rd week of sleepless nights, that the voices started to join the noise in the night.

..........................................................................................................................

Comment...................................