too much

Clara.

"I don't care about what she thinks anymore. I've had it with her," I hear Harry, walking downstairs after changing.

"No! I'm not! I care about her," he continues to yell into the phone, Anne walking towards me.

"He's talking to one of the management members. They're not very nice," she explains, my head turning back to look at him.

"I'm not letting you stomp on me anymore. Just know I'm not going to leave her. She's coming with me," he says, and my heart stops. It's me. They're talking about me.

"Because I can. Does it even run through your mind that I should be the one finding who I want? I'm in charge of my own life and who I'm with is none of your concern. See how well it's worked for you?" he sarcastically says, and I catch his eye, his eyes widening and lips parting.

"I don't care. I have to go," Harry says, his feet walking towards me once he hangs up. Anne lets me go and Harry stands in front of me, his hand running through my hair.

"They saw us," is the only thing I manage to get out, his lips puffing out a sigh.

"And they didn't like it," he almost reluctantly says, taking my hands. It makes me sad that his life is dictated like this, but he seems to have input - or at least voices his opinions.

"I don't care what they think because they think wrong. If taking you out and being with you makes the smile on your face appear, and your laugh to be heard, we're going out and I'm going to be with you," he says and I find myself relieved. Anne smiles at the two of us, but I can tell he's only focused on me.

I smile and he moves to grab my waist, the action so fast my arms flail around his neck. My heart stops at the action and I can't seem to feel my face with how wide my smile is.

"Harry don't suffocate the poor girl," Anne almost laughs, Harry setting me back down. I'm let go and I feel my cheeks flush, Harry grabbing his keys from the counter. I grab my jacket, as does he, and we get into his car.

"What kind of phone you looking for?" he asks, my eyes looking up at him.

"I had an iPhone 5," I tell him, his head nodding.

"We'll get you a new one then," he tells me, my head nodding. It feels too good to be true, but I find myself trusting him more and more each day.

He parks the car and ushers me into the store, Harry holding my hand. He takes care of the business and tells me to look at the cases. I walk over and look at the wall of cases, looking them over. And after a few minutes, I find a simple powder blue case and I turn to see Harry walking towards me. He smiles and takes my hand, then leads me to the counter.

The new phone is different than my old one, the bigger look so much nicer. Harry watches me, smiling at how happy I am. So I wrap my arms around his waist and he kisses my hair as I thank him profusely.

"You want to go out now?" he asks, my cheeks flushing as I look up at him.

"Yes, please," I grin, his hand taking mine. We get to his car and he drives somewhere, my fingers fiddling with the new phone. I can tell Harry's amused at my actions, his hand moving to grab my left one. I set the phone in my pocket and look around us, the mall Gemma took me to in sight.

We get out and Harry rushes me in, his hand setting on the small of my back as we walk in. He stops me and grabs his phone, calling someone. It's a quick conversation and I start looking at shoes while he does so, and then he walks over to me.

"I have a body guard coming for precaution," he tells me, my head nodding.

He walks with me into the mall and I find the two of us being looked at, pictures being taken of us from people's cell phones. It makes me nervous, but Harry's hand in mine assures me with him it will be okay.

"Harry," I say, his head looking down at me. He nods and walks with me into a store, his eyes looking at me as we stand between the racks.

"Is it bothering you? We can leave if you want?" he asks, my head shaking.

"I just...need to get used to it," I say, his lips curving.

"I'm proud of you. Remember that," he tells me, kissing the tip of my nose. The intimate action makes my cheeks flush and he pulls me into his side, my arm wrapping around his waist as his is around my shoulders. He looks at a few things and I just bask in the feeling of being with him.

"Can we have your autograph?" I hear a few girls say, rushing up to us.

Harry glances to me, letting me go as he moves to sign the autographs. One of the girls looks at me and I smile shyly, but she frowns.

"You look anorexic. How could you be with him when he should be with Kendall?" she says, and Harry stiffens, standing straight as I nearly cry at her words.

"Sorry girls. But anyone who disrespects my girl," he snaps, snatching the papers he signed away, "doesn't deserve these."

He turns and tugs me into him, walking with me out of the store. We walk into a different one and he rushes us back, grabbing a random dress and saying we're trying it on. I feel tears fall and he opens a fitting room, shutting it quickly.

"I'm so sorry, Clara. She's one of the jealous fans. You aren't anorexic, and fuck Kendall. She's nothing to me," he says, and I just cry into his chest. He hugs me closely and he cups my cheek while the other rests on his chest, my hands feeling his back.

"You stay strong. I know you can," he whispers, my head lifting up. He wipes the tears away and then he stares down at me.

"You okay?" I nod in response and he leaves a lingering kiss to my forehead.

"But," I stop, remembering the one thing important from the entire conversation. "You said...you called me-"

"I know what I said," he says, cutting me off. I just look up at him and he brushes my hair behind my hear, cupping my cheek. All I get from him is that I feel he's trying to avoid it, and I let him. It took us both by surprise evidently.

"Let's just go out and shop, okay?" he asks, my heart deflating a little. By him call me 'his girl'...I had a hope that maybe he wanted me.

I follow him out but don't nearly feel as happy as I did before, not knowing how to react anymore. The ghost in me feels like it's making a reappearance and I watch faces pass me by, my feet feeling like their each a hundred pounds.

"I want to go home," I blurt, Harry stopping. I cup my forehead and he focuses on me, my hand releasing as I try to catch my breath.

"Look at me," Harry says, but his voice sounds like echoes. Then I find his eyes and he starts to talk to me, my eyes captivated by his. It's his eyes that make everything silent in my mind.

"Don't let me go," I beg, fearing I'll fall if his hold on me loosens. He tugs me down to the bathroom and we enter the family bathroom, a few worried moms looking at us. Harry locks us in a stall and he leans me against a wall, taking my jacket off.

"Everything is okay. You are safe with me," he whispers, his forehead leaning onto mine.

"I-I can't," I choke, his hands grabbing my cheeks. I can't open my eyes. Everything hurts right now.

"Clara, what can't you do? Please, talk to me," he begs, my lungs choking on air. And the last thing I hear is my name being yelled.

......

Hey loves!
Please vote comment and share!
<3 xoxo