5. Sherlock's violin

John couldn't stop looking at what the two men were doing outside. Sherlock was still in his work uniform, his suit hugging his lean figure. He was screaming at the other man. This made John's curiosity jump to the highest level. He then looked away from the scene, facing a blabbering Emma. She was talking about a trip to Paris. And John was being honest with himself. He didn't give a fuck about her trip to Paris. So he nodded here and then, eyes flickering back at the two men whom were yelling at each other. John wanted to roll with his eyes, as Sherlock was screaming at the man. He felt pity for the silver haired man. But somehow John found Sherlock's behaviour quite amusing.

Suddenly the door of the restaurant slammed open, Sherlock storming inside. The silver haired man was calling after him but then he hopelessly ran a hand through his hair, knowing Sherlock wouldn't listen any longer. Sherlock had everyone's eyes on him. John's date Emma was looking as well.

"What?" Sherlock yelled at a table with a married couple and their two children as he passed them.

"Is that our waiter?" Emma whispered in shock. John sighed inwardly and nodded. Emma grunted in disgust about the other his behaviour and began eating her food, muttering unintelligible words.

They continued speaking about whatever Emma liked to talk about. John was a bit interested in her at the start of the date. But everything had changed after Sherlock went outside. John couldn't stop thinking about why he kept talking (screaming) with the police man. And why Sherlock was running in the middle of the night.

"John?" Emma said, breaking his thoughts. John shook his head.

"Hmm?" John said, looking up at her.

"Were you even listening?" She asked, after she swallowed her food, her perfect eyebrows forming into a frown. John clenched his teeth, sighing.

"Sorry, I..." He paused thinking. "I don't feel well. I thought it would be okay for tonight. But the food made my stomach ache return." He shrugged, muttering.

"Oh dear. Why didn't you tell me?" She asked worriedly.

"I didn't want you to think that I'-'

"It's okay John." She cut him off, leaning more forwards. "We can always continue this another time." She said shyly, placing her soft hand on his. John swallowed, looking at her hand covering his and nodded.

"Thank you." He said tenderly.

"No need to thank me love." She smiled and grabbed her stuff together. She stood up and walked over to John, who was now panicking inside. Was she going to kiss him? He wanted this for so long. But then at the other side it felt wrong. Emma leaned down and pecked his flushed cheek. "Goodnight." She whispered and with a last warm smile she left.

John followed her figure with his eyes until she was out of sight. He then sighed and placed his head between both his hands, grunting.

"What is wrong with me." He growled. He ruined his date again. Well not completely. But everything was going well and then he used an excuse that he wasn't feeling well. But why? She was nice, friendly, pretty. Everything what a man can wish for. Why couldn't he feel that way?

Why?

John leaned back in his seat and took a big sip of the wine. Seems like he will sleep alone tonight. His eyes then flickered to Sherlock Holmes who was walking past him without saying anything. He strolled with his long elegant legs to the corner of the restaurant, far away from John but still close enough to see what he was doing. Sherlock had a violin in his hands. He sat himself down onto a stool. He closed his eyes and lifted the violin to his chin, grabbing the bow. And set the bow on the strings, then slowly drew them across, starting with a deep, slow chord.

It was beautiful. John and others were all looking at him. And pretty confused about the waiter that just was screaming for whole London. Sherlock eyes remained closed while playing, not knowing how much he was impressing everyone and John Watson. Sherlock looked so peaceful, so different. Not only the music he was making was beautiful, but the movement of his hands were also very graceful. John licked his bottom lip, all his attention was on this strange man. Suddenly Sherlock's eyes opened and his piercing blue eyes came in contact with John's hazel ones. John didn't want to look away. He didn't care what his tummy did while staring at this man. The only thing that he cared about was that he wanted to know more about this mysterious man. Sherlock frowned slowly before he closed his eyes again.

Time flew by. An hour later Sherlock finished and John didn't notice how he sat there an hour, staring at a man he disliked before. There was a big applause and John clapped as well. Sherlock looked uncomfortable at everyone's cheering. He nodded stiffly with a brief tiny smile on his cupid bow lips and began walking to the back of the restaurant, probably placing his violin away before he had to work again.

The doctor looked at his watch and stood up. He walked to the bathroom. As he was done peeing he flashed some water in his face and wandered back to his table. He sighed, sipping from his red wine. He decided to go home. He was sitting there for more than an hour alone. He felt pity for himself.

John paid ,shrugged on his jacket and stood up, walking to the exist. He opened the door weakly, feeling tired already, not used to be outside so late. But what John didn't expect was Sherlock Holmes standing outside, in front of the restaurant, smoking. John wanted to say goodbye. But he wasn't sure if it was acceptable. John stood there, hesitating to say hello to Mr Mysterious.
John didn't know that he was standing there for more than ten seconds.

"Are you planning to say anything." A baritone voice said, not turning his head to look at the doctor. John blushed from embarrassment. He cleared his throat, closing the doors behind him and took a step closer to the man.

"Your playing was absolute magnificent." John blurted out. Sherlock slowly fixed his gaze on John. Who was now smiling up at him. John saw confusedness on the waiter his face but it switched to a soft smile before returning blank again.

"Thank you." He said quietly.