15. Giggling

"Welcome back on earth." John quipped, His heart skipping a beat as his hazel eyes met Sherlocks. John ignored the fact that his heart was close to exploding. Sherlock sent John a smile before pushing himself upright. "Any more thoughts on the case?" John asked.

"A few. Nothing that important," Sherlock replied warmly, his voice deep and rumbling. He stretched his arms and legs, causing John to look away, swallowing and glanced down at his page. Sherlock then regarded him quietly for a moment before he spoke up, mouth curving into a grin.

"John what have you been doing?" Sherlock asked amazed, his eyebrows raising in slight query.

"What do you mean?" John replied confused. Sherlock looked at the time before his pale eyes flicked up to John again.

"I'm gone for fifty minutes and you're still at the same page." He pointed out, a warm smile graced his features. John turned pale, trying to find an excuse. I've been staring at you for fifty minutes, I apologize.

"I like reading articles twice." John replied as he shrugged, proud on himself for not stuttering. Sherlock snorted, standing up. He strolled towards the table where John was sitting and sat down across of him. He opened the lid of the laptop and pushed on the button. The doctor tried to get his heartbeat back down to a healthy rate before speaking up. "Are you going to the restaurant tonight?" John asked casually.

"Yes, are you?" Sherlock interrogated, his eyes focusing on the screen. John frowned, not understanding why he would be there. He didn't have any date planned, and it was not like he wanted to go on another date. He already knew who he wanted. John couldn't imagine going on a date with someone in the restaurant, while Sherlock Holmes would be walking around, maybe even ordering at his table.

"No I didn't plan anything." John replied grumpy. "I guess I will watch some crap telly." John sighed, closing the newspaper hopelessly. The detective lifted his eyes away from the screen, staring intensely at John.

"What about Robin?" He inquired gently.

"Robin?" John asked puzzled, totally forgetting about what happened with him last night.

"Robin, the man from your childhood, remember?" Sherlock said quickly.

"Of course I remember him." John said stiffly as his eyebrows grew together in a deep frown.

"He gave you his number, it's in your jacket pocket. He was definitely interested in you last night. You should go out with him." He urged.

"I don't think I'm interested in another date, Sherlock." John mumbled, feeling somehow hurt that Sherlock was pushing him to go on another date with someone, while he only wanted to date Sherlock. But he couldn't say that to Sherlock, and certainly not now, since there is no way that Sherlock was returning the feelings. Or he wouldn't bring this up, would he?

"John. I know it must be uncomfortable dating a man in public. But you have to take the next step." Sherlock said calmly, his attention fully on John.

"Who are you Cupid?" John said, trying to joke around what failed slightly, because his voice was croaking.

"Yes." Sherlock said convincingly with a proud smile. John rolled with his eyes, clearing his throat. "You never went on a date with a man before, am I right?" Sherlock asked, cocking an eyebrow. John nodded. "For the past months you've been going on dates continuingly. I thought you want to find out your sexuality." Sherlock said. John's cheeks flamed red and he closed his eyes, taking a deep breathe in with his shoulders moving up and down.

"Alright then." John said reluctantly, shoving the chair backwards. John briefly looked over at Sherlock, trying to see any disappointment but the man's face was blank like usual. John strolled over to the coatrack and sank his hand in his jacket pocket, fishing for the piece of paper. While doing so, the door of the flat opened. Mrs Hudson entered, carrying a tray with two tea cups on small plates and a tea pot that let out steam through the spout. There were some cookies on the tray as well. The ones Mrs Hudson just made.

"Hello boys." She said cheerfully. John offered her a smile as she was looking at him. He took the paper in his hands and sat himself back down. Mrs Hudson set down the tea tray on the crowded table. Sherlock pressed his lips into an irritated line, closing the lid of his laptop and laid it away, so he had more place for the tea.

"Smells good, thank you." John said warmly.

"Mrs Hudson, I didn't ask for tea. If John drinks another cup, he might change into one." Sherlock pointed out, giving John a slight smirk before looking away. John gasped slightly. Mrs Hudson only giggled.

"I don't drink a lot tea." John defended as a red flare lit his cheeks. Mrs Hudson trotted away, closing the door behind her, deciding to leave the boys alone.

"Yes you do." Sherlock shot back. He found the sugar on the tray that she left out and dumped two in the cup. He grabbed the serving spoon and stirred the sugar around.

"Git." John mumbled, filling a cup with tea. Sherlock smiled, bringing the cup to his cupid bow lips and sipped the tea. John then reluctantly sent a text to Robin.

****
Two hours later

Both men were laughing for whole London. John's hand was holding his belly firmly, trying to get himself under control what obviously failed after what Sherlock had told him. Tears were rolling down both their cheeks. They had a lovely conversation, talking about different kind of subjects. Until Sherlock informed John about the awkward moment from Greg Lestrade and Mycroft Holmes. Sherlock was pissed with his brother after Greg didn't let him visit crime scenes for a month.

A month.

All because of Mycroft. So on their wedding day, Sherlock had a little pay back for both of them. He had smeared the floor with something greasy but invisible. Sherlock wanted his brother slipping on the floor, so everyone would laugh at him. But that didn't quite happen...

When Mycroft and Greg were standing in front, ready to say the yes word. Greg took a step closer and slipped forwards, immediately his hands trying to find something to hold him upright.

Well to make it short. Greg pulled Mycroft's trousers down.

Sherlock didn't expect this to happen, but this was a million times better. It was like a scene from in comedy movie. And he was happy that he got everything on camera.

"Oh god Sherlock." John laughed, wiping away the tears that were rolling down his face. "You're unbelievable." He added, trying to get his breath back in his lungs where it belonged. Sherlock was grinning ear to ear. His flushed face staring at a giggling John Watson.

~
I am so ready for the new ep 😱