Chapter two

Let me tell you something right now. Detention can NOT be fun. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. Now you are probably wondering how I ended up in detention right? Well let's blame this all on my imaginary friend sarcasm. You see sarcasm just happens to pop up at the worst times. Like when people talk to me or I get called on by a substitute teacher that asks too many questions. Such as today when asked if I was paying attention. I replied to her saying "I'm sure what you're teaching will be super important In my life later on but unless you're gonna teach me how to do my taxes. I don't need anything else filling my head at the moment." Her face turns red and she walks up to me slapping a detention slip on my desk. So here I am sitting in-between dumb and dumber. One has fallen asleep on the detention slip we need to fill out and the other is drawing something that looks an awful lot like a girls breasts. Getting bored 20 minutes in I decide to play a prank on dumb who's asleep still. I grab his detention slip and change two letters on his first and his last name. A little while later he wakes up and starts to finish his slip. He squints his eyes as if trying to figure out whats wrong with it. After ten blissful minutes he changes his name and looks utterly confused. I look at the clock and realize I only have 20 minutes left. The door bursts open then and a model- 'scuse me extremely good-looking guy walks in,the guy from the gas station. He sits right behind me and I feel him play with the ends of my hair making me shiver involuntarily. I look back at him and raise my eyebrows. "May I help you?" I ask amused. He just smirks and continues playing with the ends of my hair. I ignore him until I feel his breath right at my neck. I turn towards him to find myself very close to his face. My heart skips a beat and I pull back slightly. I hear someone clear their throat and I look to see the teacher glaring at us before giving me and him another detention. Yep, I officially hate detention. I look at the clock to see I still have fifteen minutes in this dreadful place and hear a screech as the teacher moves his chair back. "I will be right back none of you leave this room, do I make myself clear?" The teacher said in an annoyed tone. "Crystal sir." The guy behind me speaks making me shiver once again. The teacher then leaves the room and I lean back in my chair bored. "Hey, sweetheart what's your name?" Pretty boy whispers from behind me. "You realize that the teacher is gone and we can talk and saying petty names like that is not going to get you anywhere but kicked between the legs in the lower regions." I say back to him not bothering to turn around. He chuckled throatily and I felt him shift so he was mimicking me. "Oh I'm so cool, first time in detention and I own this place!" Pretty boy said in a high pitched squeal. "Shut it pretty boy, no one actually sounds like that." I say annoyed while risking a glance at him. "Pretty boy? Now that's just rude. You see there is this thing called names and mine happens to be Ryder, besides who doesn't know the name of the guy you asked out." He said amusement dancing in his eyes. "Well Ryder, I didn't ask you out I asked for your number. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be seeing much of each other after this so let's pretend we never met to lessen the absolute tragedy of it." He laughed at that groaning as he ran his hands through his hair. The teacher came back and decides to let us all out ten minutes early, and I jog home.

Upon arriving home I smell something burning to find Bev standing in my kitchen trying to stop a small fire in our toaster. "What did you set on fire this time?" I say laughing at her panicked state. She stares wide eyed at me. "I don't even know! I swear I didn't even touch the thing!" She says exasperated. I raise my eyebrows accusingly. "Okay, it was my bracelet." She says quietly in almost a mumble like voice. I laugh. "Of course."

After stopping the fire with the fifth extinguisher this month I made us a snack and attempted to help her with her homework. "So if I roll my tongue I can speak french?" She asks hope lingering in her words. "No... Just no." I say for what felt like the thirtieth time. "Just practice the words I gave you then we can try something harder." I reason with her. She squints her eyes as she looks at the words. "Mon amour." She says slowly making it sound like she was growling. "Maybe we should move onto math, you speaking French freaks me out." I admit to her while pulling out the math book. "But baaabe it's the language of looove." She drawls out before I smack her on the back of the head. A text lights up my phone and Bev grabs it before I can reading it out loud. "Greed, I need your help..."