{ 18. Hospital Pain }

The hospital. That was Stiles' home for the past few days. Lydia had an operation for the stabs she had, and after that she needed to rest. In the meanwhile, all sorts of people wanted to talk to Stiles. From cops, to friends, to teachers, to even Malia. But Stiles didn't answer any of their calls. He had been sitting in a wanky chair for three days, non-stop looking in the door in front of him. The door to Lydia's room. Lydia was still unconscious so doctors always walked in and out of her room. Stiles wasn't allowed in, only family. Even when he begged Melissa to let him in, it didn't work. He officially hated the hospital more than he already did.

"Stiles." It was Allison, coming up to him. He didn't reply. Allison took a seat in the chair next to him. "Are you okay?" She asked. "Of course I'm not okay. Lydia is unconscious, in a hospital, and I'm not allowed in." Stiles answered, looking down as the words escaped his mouth. He felt tears coming up, it hurt. It hurt because he was sadder about this than about his mother, and that killed him. He knew Lydia for what, a month? "There are police officers who want to talk to you. And you can't stay here forever... maybe you should consider it. Talking to them could help." Allison said. She was right, Stiles couldn't stay in his weak chair forever. But he also couldn't leave Lydia behind. "I can't leave her. What if I can come in and I'm not even there for her?" He asked, more to himself than to Allison. "Well, then Melissa will call you and you can come over." Allison said. "And make Lydia think I didn't wait for her? No way. Also, talking to the cops won't help. Talking to someone never helps." Stiles looked down. Allison didn't understand, no one understood. No one knew how deep the relationship between Stiles and Lydia was, except for Stiles and Lydia themselves. "Your choice. When can you go in?" Allison asked. "I don't know. Only family can go in now." Stiles answered. "I'm sure that if Lydia would be awake right now, she would let you go in." Allison said. "No way. I left her alone at the party. I was the one who caused this." Stiles explained. "What? Just because you left her alone doesn't mean this could be avoided." Allison said. "Yes it could! I left her alone while I knew she didn't know anyone but us and I knew Malia hated her. I should've stayed with her, then this never would've happened." Stiles said, looking down. It was all his fault. "What does Malia have to do with this?" Allison asked. "Malia took Lydia upstairs. Don't know why but she did. Then when I found her she was stabbed. Doesn't that mean something?" Stiles asked. "I don't know. Malia is crazy but not even she would do that." Allison said. "I think so." Stiles answered.

The door to Lydia's room opened and a woman of the age of about forty came out. She had tear stains on her shirt and her face was red. Stiles guessed this was Lydia's mother. "Who are you guys?" She asked, her voice sore. Stiles got up out of his seat for the first time in days and introduced himself to Lydia's mother. "I'm Stiles, a friend of Lydia." He said and shook the woman's hand. She smiled a fake smile and introduced herself. Allison also stood up. "A-allison?" Lydia's mother asked as soon as she saw the curly teenager. "What are you doing here?" She asked, a bit mad now. "I came here for Lydia.." Allison said. "Only to leave her sooner or later, I bet. You can leave." She said. Stiles shut his mouth and stood there awkwardly. "Mrs. Martin, please-" Allison said before she was interrupted. "No. I don't want to hear it. Please stay away from my daughter." Mrs. Martin said and she went back inside.

"Well, that was awkward." Stiles said. "What am I going to do? After winning Lydia's trust again now I have to win her mother's?" Allison said. "Yes." Stiles said. "What?" Stiles looked up. "Yes. You have to win Mrs. Martin her trust again. What'd you expect? You totally bailed on her daughter all of a sudden." He said. Allison looked to the floor in regret. "I know. I should make it right. I probably won't make thing better by staying here, so I'll leave. But please tell Lydia that I am sorry for her." Allison said and Stiles nodded. Then she left. The door opened again, this time Melissa came out. "You can come in if you want. She's not awake yet but if you want to see her now's the time." She said and Stiles took a breath and went in. He'd better be prepared on what he's about to see.

********************************************
Sorry for not updating for such a long time! School is killing meeee @.@
I do hope you enjoyed this chapter and haven't left yet. Also happy new year! Thank you for all the votes and comments you guys have left, I'm really thankful! Honestly I don't really care about new years haha
My recommendation for this chapter is the YouTuber princessmei! She is super chill and very passionate about the environment and animal cruelty and stuff (which is what i like) she also loves dogs so that's always a plus haha
'Till next chapter!