ch. 8: Not So Predictable

The cold night breeze makes me tremble a bit as I step outside. I keep my head down and make a turn around the bar into the dark alley. The appalling smell of garbage and sewer comes up my nose, making me grimace. I try not to step into something disgusting as I head all the way to the end of the alley. I stop in front of a door of the building next to the bar, I open it and go inside. I shut the door behind me and pull out my flashlight. No doubt that I came prepared for what I had planned. With my flashlight making it easier to see, I walk up a big flight of stairs to get to where I'm going. The building I'm in has been abondoned and used as a paper printing factory once. It has gone out of business a few years back.

I reach my destination and walk onto the dusty, vacant, worn out floor. The room I entered is large and abundant with space. You can still smell the paper materials and ink of what used to be in here. I watch my step since it's pitch black in here, and take my time walking around.

"I'm assuming you knew I was going to follow you." an unknown voice says behind me. I turn around and flash my light finding the blonde man standing at the entrance from where I came in.

"You demons are so predictable." I tell him, stepping back a little. He smirks and starts to walk towards me, but suddenly stops. He looks at me with the most humorous smile on his face.

"You really thought I would fall for that?" He says as he gets down on one knee and brushes the dust off the floor to reveal the spray painted demon's trap I made earlier. He let's out a chuckle before smashing his fist into the floor, sending a long crack across the entire ground, and I try to maintain my coordination from the shake it caused below my feet.

There was no way he could have seen the trap, it's way too dark here. That bastard somehow already knew it was there.

"Didn't hurt to try." I shrug, but alert now with my plan being ruined. The man stands up straight and wipes the dust off his hands.

"Not as predictable as you thought." He says. "Its a bit dark in here isn't it?" he looks around and then snaps his fingers. All of a sudden, a couple of the fluorescent lights on the ceilings come to life. They turn on, flickering a bit but it lights up the factory floor compared to how it was a few seconds ago. He puts his hands in his pants pocket and starts walking across the turnished demon trap.

"Neat trick, now what do you want?" I directly ask.

"Ouch, straight forward are you? I thought maybe we could get to know each other better." He smirks.

"Save the smart ass games, just tell me what you want." I sternly say as he stops again.

"Fine." he shrugs, "Well it's not what I want. It's what my boss wants."

I was puzzzled.

"Boss? You have a boss?" I ask with a hint of disbelief in my voice.

"Yes, a boss. Someone I work for.An employer.."

"Yeah I know the whole concept of a boss, Goldie Locks. Now what does he want?"

"Goldie Locks?" He frowns.

"Yeah, I like the adorable blonde locks you have, now spill buddy."

The blonde man chuckles again and he eyes me from head to toe. He takes a pause before speaking again.

"You know, I can see why he's very interested in you. You really are beautiful."

"Oh geez, why thank you!" I fake humility. "You can take your compliments and shove them up where the sun don't shine." I frown, getting impatient now.

"Ha! You're very sarcastic aren't you?" He tells me as I roll my eyes. "Well it's no shock that what my boss wants is you.. and what he wants.. he gets." His voice turned serious in an instant as his smile faded away as well.

He unexpectedly waves his hand and my feet get swept off the floor in response, and I fall hard on my back. Next thing I know I'm being dragged towards him in a steady motion.

"Shit!" I curse as I try to grab my gun.

"Honey, you won't be needing that." He says as he waves his hand again and my gun is sent flying out of my hands, an all too familiar situation. He waves his other hand and I'm found pinned on the floor. I'm unable to move my arms or legs as I try really hard to do so. It feels like a heavy weight is over me, I try to move, but there's no use, I'm not budging!

"She won't be using it, but I will." Someone says as a bullet is fired. The blonde man groans and the weight is released and I'm able to move. I get up and realize that it's Dean! But how did he get here?

The blonde man charges at Dean and tackles him onto the ground. Dean gives him a good taste of his fist as he strikes him across the face. He then knees him in the stomache but is received with a punch in the face back. I scramble and grab my gun trying to aim, making sure I don't miss. I fire, and a bullet shoots into the blonde man's back. He winces and Dean is able to kick him off of him. Sam comes running in, finds Dean on the floor and tries to help him up.

"Sam watch out!" I yell as the demon waves Dean, who's sent flying into the wall now. Sam ducks from the punch the demon swung at him, and comes back with a punch of his own. That was some serious physical contact because it was heard.

"You son of a bitch!" The demon growls and grabs Sam by the neck in a swift move. Sam isn't moving now and looks to be in pain with his hands gripped on the demon's arm. I run to help Sam, but get stopped halfway out of nowhere. I'm frozen into place once more and he sends my body crashing into the wall on the opposite side, colliding onto Dean.

"Amber are you okay?" He asks as he unwillingly stays in place on the floor.

"How is he doing this??? I can't move!" I scream.

"I don't know. Cas, where the hell are you!?" He shouts.

And as if on cue, Cas appears from behind the demon. He places his hand on his head and a sudden bright light flashes in the room. I close my eyes from the unexpected burning white light, and turn away. I've never seen such a light like that and only after it ends I reopen my eyes. I look over at Cas who's standing beside the blonde man, who is now lifeless on the floor. Sam is hunched over, clutching his neck and gasping for air. Dean and I are able to move again and we both get up now. My muscles feel like hell and it hurts to move, but I do anyways. Dean helps me up on my feet and we make our way over to his brother and Cas.

"Sam are you okay?" Dean asks concerned.

"Yeah I'm good now." He coughs out as he stands up straight.

"Thanks Cas." I tell him.

"Who the hell was he?!" Dean shouts at Cas and I.

"A demon... a very powerful demon." Cas looks over at me. I look at the body and try to make of everything that just occurred.

"What did he say to you?" Cas asks me as I snap out of it. I look up at him and then at the boys who are all staring at me.

"He said, he said that he has a boss, and his boss gets what he wants..."

They all give each other a look and then Dean stares me down once more.

"And what does he want?" He asks with the corner of his mouth slightly bleeding.

I take a deep breath and look at Castiel, then over at Sam and Dean, "Me.."