Ch. 18: Wandering at Night

(Sam's POV)

It's been a week and Amber has been acting somewhat strange. We all stayed at the motel for a couple days and thought it was best if Amber stayed with us in the same room. She's been having night terrors every night and wakes up scared. Sometimes she cries and Dean and I try our best to comfort her, other times, she takes a walk and doesn't come back until sunrise. We tell her it's dangerous for her to leave our side because we don't know when or where Agares can reappear, but Amber is so stubborn and insists upon taking a walk to clear her head. So we allow it, but Cas follows without her knowing, just so she's safe.

The other night she had a night terror and left for her nightly walk, Cas told Dean and I she stopped by an empty road and shot her gun into the woods. He said she seemed angry and threw a beer bottle at a tree trunk.

We actually drove to St. Louis to deal with a case about a ghost terrorizing this church, killing the church goers for some odd reason. Amber begged us if she can work the case with Dean and I but there's no way we're letting her. She's still not fully recovered yet, and it's too risky. She's been having mood swings and I've noticed but Dean jokes around with it and says it's the PMS thing. Lately, there's been bad omens happening all across the country, but we don't know for sure what it means. All in all, I have an uneasy feeling like something's going to happen, and as much as Dean doesn't want to admit, I know he has the same bad feeling too.

~

(Amber's POV)

I look at the time and it's 2:15am, I shouldn't be awake at this time but of course I had the nightmare again. It's been happening a lot lately and I can't help but feel so frustrated, I just want to scream. I change the stations as I continue driving but nothing seems to please me.

"Jesus fucking Christ! Is there anything good on?!" I shout and shut the radio off disappointed. I've been angry lately, I just want those dreams to stop. However, it seems as though every time I close my eyes, I see it. I see him.

Through impulse I find myself stopping at a bar. I definitely need a drink to calm me down. I park my car, get out, and make my way inside, finding the place half empty. I take a seat on the stool as the bartender approaches me.

"What'll it be pretty lady?" He says to me as I look up at his scruffy face and tell him to give me whiskey on the rocks. He goes to it and before I knew, I had the drink in my hand. I took a sip but it turned out to be a whole chug down the hatch.

"Thirsty huh? Want another?" He asks and I nod to him as he refills my drink. He hands it to me again, and I drink it down, ignoring the bitterness.

"Jeez, what's brought you here anyways?" He asks me and I wipe the corner of my mouth before answering him.

"Can't sleep." I simply tell him.

"What's keeping you up?"

"My past." I said and he looks at me before taking my glass.

"Fill her up." I order.

An hour later or so, I started to feel drunk. A handsome guy takes a seat next to me and gives me a million dollar smile.

"I've been watching you at the end of the bar, and I mustered up the courage to tell you how beautiful I think you are." He says to me, with piercing blue eyes.

"Really? It took you 60 minutes to just say that?"

"Kind of embarrassing isn't it? I'm Peter." He says, extending his hand so I can shake it.

"Amber." I reply as I shake his hand and introduce myself.

"So why you here this late?" He asks.