Q&A

One month after my last update, as promised. Starting with the randoms and then the questions related to the story :)

***

- Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla?

I'm guessing you mean the ice cream flavours. You can never go wrong with chocolate!!

- What is your favourite book on Wattpad so far?

THIS IS SUCH AN EVIL QUESTION! You can't make me choose just one. If you haven't noticed, on my profile page, I have reading lists of all the stories that I've read (According to my favourite skittle colours because the obsession is real). The "green" reading list is filled with the stories I've enjoyed the most.

- Do you wet your toothbrush before you use it or leave it dry?

This was so random LMAO. Come to think about it, I wet it, apply the toothpaste and then wet it again (lord knows why).

- What happens when you dip tic tacs in nutella?

You get chocolate coated mints.

- Do you like horror movies?

I do! I hardly ever get freaked out though. Recommend some scary shit for me to watch.

- What is the craziest dare you've ever done?

I'm not daring at all. I'm a very cautious person who avoids getting hurt by all means. Plus, I don't like drawing attention to myself, which is one of the main reasons why I always go for the 'truth' option in a game of 'truth or dare'. (I'm no fun at all, I know.)

- Cats or dogs?

CATS. I'm a cat lady in the making. My goal is to become a successful doctor and live in a big house with 73 cats.

- What is your hair colour? Because I imagine you like Audrey Hepburn, not even joking.

HOW?!!!!! Audrey is so fucking prestigious and then, there's me. My hair is the darkest of brown lol but I wear hijab, so now my secret has been exposed, great.

***

- How did you come up with the idea of this book?

Like I said in my first ever author's note: I. Am. Awkward. The first situation when Ria was daydreaming and staring at Thomas by accident actually happened to me in real life. I wanted to write a story in which the main character was your average, every day chick that everyone could relate to, in addition to her own quirks and flaws. One thing lead to the other and I had me a Wattpad story!

- Did you plot out every chapter or do it as you went along?

It was a chapter by chapter process. Before starting a chapter, I'd write down the points and events I wanted to happen and just connect the dots. Sometimes, I'd surprise myself with new ideas and just throw them in there too.

- Why does Marianne daydream so much?

I honestly don't know. I wanted her to have her own little thing that made her stand out and since I based the entire story on a situation in which she was daydreaming in, I kind of decided to use that.

- What/who are your characters based on? / How did you come up with Marianne's awkward yet social character?

Tbh, they're not based on any real people or anything, the closest it can get are random things I got from myself and shoved into Ria's personality. But other than that, all of the characters in this story were works of my imagination. (I wish I had an Elliott in my life *sighs*).

- What was your favourite part of the book to write?

Ria and Alex's friendship by far. It was something I wanted to do from the beginning of the story and I was super happy with how it came out; his character development was the biggest obstacle to overcome to make it happen but I managed to do so and it worked!!

- Do they get married? / How many babies do they plan to have? / Can the daughter's name be Orange?

Woah, woah, woah. Can she at least wake up first? (Your suggestion will be taken into consideration).

- Why did you end the book with Ria in a coma?

It just happened. I like making things lead to things if that makes any sense. I like reminding readers of things that happened that they may have forgotten about, e.g: her having IGT, leading to hypoglycemia leading to the coma - Bringing back Mark, the employee from the mall (aka: chunks of the sky) and him being the one that helped Grams - the entire paragraph from Thomas' POV, bringing up the things him and Ria did together. I'm so sentimental, it's disgusting.

- Why are you so damn cruel?

I'm not ;-; cliffhangers aren't things I plan. They just happen and I'll be like "oh, okay, I'll just end it here then".

- Will Alex, secretly a necromancer, bring her body back to life, only to have it inhabited by Bethany?

Your imagination scares me. No, just no.

- Is this it? Is this the end of Marianne's awkward life?

Do you really think I'd let her go down like that?

And now, for the most asked questions:

- WILL RIA WAKE UP / WILL THERE BE A SEQUEL?

Ladies and gentlemen of the Awks community, it is my pleasure to announce that THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!!

I have no details to share about it at the moment. I can't tell you guys when exactly I'll start writing it or if Ria wakes up because that would be a big fat spoiler, am I right? BUT, I do know who's POV the story will be from and it is none other than our babe: Alexander Norma.

I also want to "expand my wings" as a writer and try to write out of my comfort zone, which is humour. I have three story ideas atm: one being a fantasy story, the second a romance/drama and the third, a mystery/thriller. I'll begin with the fantasy story in 2017, after my midyear exams (which will take up pretty much all of January). I'm not sure which story will be written after it so let me know what you'd like to read!! (I'll be posting the fantasy story later today so you can check out the blurb and judge it 😂😂).

After I've completed at least 2/3 of those stories, hopefully I'll begin with Awks' sequel. If you're planning on reading it, I suggest you follow me if you haven't already, so that you can know when I start writing and posting it.

Just so you know, I'm still accepting covers and banners for Awks because there are a few chapters that don't have any attached media to them. Feel free to make whatever you want and send it to my email, which you can find in my bio.

I guess that's about it, it's been fun. Love y'all to bits.

Byeeeeeeee 💕

-26/12/2016-