Chapter 10: So This Is The New Model?

Don't you just hate it when you'd rather be somewhere else, for example: your bed, but instead, you're at work, so you have to wait until you can be reunited with your love once again but time decides to move slower than a snail? That's pretty much been my case all day.

Hardly any customers came in today. Both Mr Ramirez and Alexander had some sort of family gathering out of town and Claire never showed up either. That left me, Dylan, Bethany and an empty café.

"So, where is he?"

Bethany's voice bounced off of the walls of the empty café to reach me.

"Who?" I asked back, still busy rearranging the contents of the cash register.

"Don't play dumb." She said, getting up from her seat and walking towards the bar. "You know who I'm talking about."

I looked away from the dollar bills I had in my hands to be met with Bethany settling down on a high stool close by. "I honestly don't." I replied. I genuinely had no clue.

"Ugghhhhh!!" She groaned, her hands digging into her hair. "How freaking thick could you get? How did you even graduate, geez?"

Taken aback by her comment, I didn't respond. I knew I was a bit slow at getting things but still, that was mean, even for her.

Dylan, who I almost forgot was even there, sighed. He set down the cups he'd been shining on the bar in front of Bethany. "She's asking about that model friend of yours."

"Who, Thomas?"

"No, Fransisco Lachowski." Bethany scoffed. "Of course I'm talking about Tom God damn it."

"And how would I know?" I asked. "It's not like I keep track of his whereabouts."

"You're close with him, aren't you? You guys went on that coffee date yesterday." She replied, rolling her eyes. "The whole world saw you in that picture he posted."

I closed the cash register and stood up. "It wasn't a date, okay? We just so happened to be snooping around."

With that, I was met with their confused faces and it took all my might not to laugh at them.

"Uh oh. She's grinning to herself again." Dylan stated, taking a few steps back. "This can't be good."

My eyes darted from him to Bethany, the smile not leaving my lips. Without saying a word, I bent down and opened one of the cabinets. I scanned it, looking for all the ingredients I had in mind.

"What are you doing?" I heard Dylan ask. I didn't respond because I was too busy looking for the nutmeg.

"Need any help?" He asked, crouching down beside me. I nodded, handing him the packets of cinnamon and the bottle of vanilla extract. After finally finding the little jar full of nutmeg, I stood up and placed it next to the items I handed to Dylan.

"Dyl, be a doll and start making three caramel frappes, would you?" I asked.

He eyed me for a moment but didn't ask any questions and got to work. Bethany on the other hand was still sat on her stool, finding her fingernails far more interesting than my ongoing experiment.

Dylan handed me the ready made drinks and I poured them into a blender. I added a couple of ice cubes, the vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg before covering it with the lid and turning the device on. I wasn't sure about the measurements but I just winged it and hoped for the best.

I then brought out three little see through plastic cups and squiggled caramel sauce on the bottom of each one. I then poured a generous amount of the mixture into them, topping them off with whipped cream and some more caramel sauce. They sort of resembled the one I had yesterday but I still wasn't sure if it matched taste-wise.