Chapter 14

(Josh's Point of View)

I throw my phone against the wall in anger.

"Fuck!!" I scream. I pace back and forth in my room gripping my hair. I punch the closest object I see, the table, breaking it in two down the middle. I feel the blood flow down from the open wounds on my knuckles. I fall to the floor shaking until my body starts to go numb, I feel so much pain and anger, but at the same time I don't feel anything at all. The sound of the gun-shot plays over and over in my head. If she died, if he really did kill her, I'm going to kill him. I will make him feel more pain then he has ever felt in his life. He will be begging for me to kill him. I find the strength to stand and get my water bottle that is sitting on the table in this pathetic motel 6 I am in. I pick it up and drink it with a shaky hand. The soothing cold water glides down my throat calming me. I need to focus, I don't have a plan for getting Lila back, but I know I can't waste any time.

I grab all of my things and return the key to the worthless hotel owner. I sprint down to my car and speed away from that trashy place. I contemplate what will probably happen, I don't want to have to kill anybody, but if it means saving Lila then it doesn't matter. In the glove compartment of my car I pull out a revolver that I took from the family's safe before I left the house, knowing I would most likely need it. I finally come up with a plan for saving my beautiful darling, I'm just going to have to wing it.

I get half way down the road when my phone goes off. I search for it frantically praying to god it's Lila. Anger courses through my body as I see Katelyn's name come up. What does she want? I don't have time for this!

"Katelyn I can't talk right now, I'm very busy!" I try to say with a less harsh tone.

"Aww come on Joshy, why don't you come over and we can have a little fun-"

"No! Katelyn leave me the fuck alone! I don't like you and I never will! Can't you take a hint? Just stop talking to me please!" She just doesn't get it does she? I can't put up with her shit anymore! I slam my already broken phone shut and toss it in the passenger seat.

Getting back to the task at hand, I start to think who would want to do this to Lila. Why would they want to hurt her and her family? Her poor mother is fighting for her life in the hospital right now, with no clue about what has happened to her daughter. I refuse to have to tell her that her daughter was taken and killed. I will bring Lila back to her family, what ever it takes, I'll do it!

 My hands become sweaty as I grip the steering wheel anxiously. I remember that this restaurant is about 20 minutes out of town. I feel scared, not because I have to face the maniac who took my girlfriend, but I am afraid of what I might see when I get there. I don't want to see her fragile petite body covered in bruises. Or her soft delicate skin marked with cuts. But my biggest fear, and the image that keeps entering my mind is her lying on the ground in a pool of her own blood, dead. These thoughts anger me even more and I press harder on the gas, now completely sweating.

 Entering the next town called Bridges, I pass by the familiar shops. I know I am almost there, as I turn left on Avery St. This restaurant is very secluded, I brought her here for our fourth date, I knew very few people came here; I wanted to be in an intimate environment with her. I smile as I remember how amazing that date actually was. I was so nervous; I wanted everything to be perfect, she deserved the best. She looked so beautiful in her black dress that hugged her hips and flowed freely in the wind. That was our first official date as a real couple.

 I arrive near my destination in record time, I park my car about half a mile away. Getting out of the car I stuff my gun in the back of my jeans. I see the red walls of the average sized building and the white letters that spell out the restaurants name 'Rosachi's'.

The tinted windows make it hard to see if anyone is in there. Outside are some tables and chairs along with some plants to add decoration I hide in a bush to be sure nobody can see me. I descretely walk to the back of the restaurant, the appalling stench emerging from the trash cans seep its way up into my nose. I see a narrow black door with bright yellow letters that read the words 'Emergency Exit'. Feeling as though I have no other cautious way to enter I very discretely open the door and slip inside.

Immediately, I press my back along the freezing cold white walls and crouch down. The restaurant smells of unwashed dishes and dirty bathrooms. I don't remember it smelling like this when we came. I look around at my surroundings. The plain white walls make a narrow hallway that leads to the kitchen or the front of the restaurant.

On the sides of the walls are doors for the men and women's restroom. I press my back against the wall and quietly start to slide down the end of the hallway. I can hear people talking, more like arguing, but I can't quite make out what they're saying.

I duck and my hands clap over my ears as I hear a gun shot echo through the hallway. Shit! Was that Lila? I act on instinct and run as fast as I can towards the sound of the gun shot.

"Lila!?" I scream when I see a lifeless corps slumped over in a chair. "God please no. No, no, no, this can't be happening!!" As I approach the body, I can feel my heart beating out of my chest. I stand directly in front of what appears to be the love of my life. As I examine the body carefully I can see that there are surprisingly no cuts or bruises. My eyes scan her head, then I find the cause of death. Blood is slowly oozing out of the side of her head. My knees go weak as I fall to the floor, my breathing is heavy.

"NO! PLEASE NO!!" I scream at the top of my lungs as I realize I was too late. My voice echos throughout the restaurant, I bring myself up on my knees and kneel in front of her. Uncontrollable tears stream down my face along with silent sobs escaping my lips. My hand raises to touch her delicate face. I cup her chin with my right hand and tilt her head up to see her face. I become confused with what I see.

My darling doesn't have freckals covering her face. Her eye lashes are longer than this. This isn't Lila! This is.....this is Katelyn! Why is Katelyn here? Why is she dead? Where is Lila!?!

I feel a sharp shooting pain in my back as I realize I've been kicked. I look up and see a face. The face who took Lila, who hurt her mom, who killed Katelyn, the face that started this all. Parker. 

"I knew it was you, you worthless little prick!" I try to get to my feet and charge at Parker but my attempt fails. The pain in my back is to much to bare, then I receive a right hook to my face. Next thing I know is a soft cloth with a strong unpleasant odor is being placed over my mouth and nose. As I foolishly inhale I feel myself becoming light headed and dizzy. My eyelids start to feel heavy, as I cannot keep them open much longer. I start to see black dots all around until it becomes completely dark and I lie on the ground motionless.