Chapter 6

Lila's P.O.V.

The week flew by and the next thing I knew, it was Friday night. My date with Parker is tonight! Nervously sitting on my bed thinking about what to wear, I wait for Ava to get here. She insists on helping me get ready, which I'm very thankful for, considering I have no idea what to wear! I get up and walk over to my laptop to go on Facebook. I start scrolling through the newsfeed to distract my nerves, when I hear my door open. I look up and notice its Ava. She walks towards my bed and sits.

"So this is what I was thinking you could wear, that one white sweater that comes off the shoulder, and your dark black skinny jeans." I nod my head walking over to my closet to pull those items out. I lay them on my bed while Ava goes in the bathroom and sets up her 'work station' she calls it. Once I'm dressed I go into the bathroom and find Ava sitting on the purple stool. "Oh my god, you look so cute!" She says with a smile.

I laugh, "Thanks Ava, now how are you gonna do my makeup?" I ask.

She walks me over to the stool "Sit" she orders. Once I sit she turns me away from the mirror, "Just let me work my magic and then I'll show you my masterpiece!" She exclaims while lifting her hands up to the ceiling dramatically. I laugh and agree.

She walks towards the curling iron that is plugged into the wall then walks towards me. She grabs a piece of my soft, light-brown hair and curls it in the iron. She does this several more times until she finishes my whole head. She turns off the iron and grabs her make up. I feel the delicate eye shadow brush sweep against my top eye lids. I hope she's sticking to neutral colors. I've never liked any of those vibrant shadows. Next, she adds mascara to my upper lashes. Next is eye-liner, so instinctively I turn my gaze up towards the ceiling. She then goes for the light pink blush and softly sweeps it over my cheekbones. Lastly, Ava applies some lip gloss. "And..... Done!" She says while setting down the tube of gloss. I stand up and eagerly face towards the mirror.

An unexpected gasp escapes from me. "Holy shit, Ava. I look..."

"You look hot as fuck, babe," Ava finishes.

I slowly go over my features. The blush highlighting my cheekbones, the mascara accentuating my long lashes, and the lip gloss that attracts my pink lips. As well as the light pink eyeshadow that is on my top eyelids, and the outlining of the soft eyeliner that was lightly applied to my lash lines. My favorite part was my hair. It came down in relaxed ringlets, falling over my shoulders and down my back. I stood there with my mouth agape, "You're a miracle worker." I say while bringing Ava in for a tight squeeze.

I hear the door bell ring and I look at Ava excited but nervous. "It's okay Lila. Don't be nervous. You're gonna have such a fun time, and I'm spending the night so you can tell me everything as soon as you get back!" Ava says excitedly.

"Okay. Thanks again for everything, Ava." I give her one final hug and take in a deep breath before slipping on my black converse. With my wallet and phone in hand, I quickly rush towards the door to greet Parker.

Meanwhile Ava is at the top of the stairs waiting for me to open door. When I do I see Parker standing there with an adorable smile on his face and his blue eyes staring at me. "Wow you look so beautiful." He says looking me up and down.

"Thanks" I say shyly. He's in a black short sleeved shirt and some dark blue jeans. He takes my hand and kisses my cheek as he pulls me out the door. A small blush creeps up to my cheeks. He opens the car door for me to get in.

He quickly floors it towards the movie theater. Why is he going so fast? That's when I notice Parker switched routes and now we're not anywhere near the movies. "Um where are we going?" I ask confused.