Chapter 10

Josh's P.O.V.

I open my eyes and see my girlfriends beautiful face. She's still sleeping with her nose scrunched up and eyebrows furrowed. Not wanting to wake her I gently rub my thumb over her cheek, then her lips. She slowly opens her eyes and smiles. "Hi" she whispers. "Good morning beautiful" I reply as I peck her lips.

I lay there with her in my embrace, holding her tight not wanting to let go. I kiss her on the forehead, she giggles as I kiss her jaw. This is the first time I've ever slept at her house, it's definitely something I could get used to. "Want to go get breakfast?" Her soft voice tears me from my thoughts "Sure, Im starving" I reply. A few minutes later I leave the room with my clothes and get changed in her restroom down the hall as she gets ready in her room. Once I throw on my navy blue T-shirt and my dark jeans, I wait for Lila to come down.

I hear her light foot steps softly echoing through the house as she walks down the stairs. I walk towards the door and meet her. She looks absolutely flawless her light brown hair is braided to the side. Her blue eyes are highlighted by her accentuated lashes, and her cheeks have a light pink tinge to them. She has on a light purple tank top and a white skirt that flares out mid thigh. "Josh?" She looks at me confused. I feel embarrassed as she catches me staring. I take her hand and kiss her cheek as we walk out the door with out saying anything.

We decided to go to her favorite breakfast restaurant Coco's. We walk in and the waiter seats us at a table. "What are you gonna eat gorgeous?" I ask as she lifts her head from the menu looking at me. "Um I think a blue berry muffin and some oatmeal". "That sounds good, I'm getting a triple stack of pancakes and some bacon and sausage". "Are you sure thats enough Josh?" She asks sarcastically. I chuckle.

We order our food and wait for it to come out. "So what do you want to do today love?" I ask. She scrunches her nose up as she contemplates my question. Then I see her face go from pondering to confused. I look in the direction she's looking in. Im surprised to see Katelyn sitting across from Parker in a corner booth. "Are they going out?" She asks. "I have no idea I didn't even know they knew each other." I turn back around and see our food coming.

We dig in as we discuss our plans for today. We decided to go to the beach. We thought that it'd be nice to relax under the sun. Once we finish eating we get up to leave. "Lila?" I turn around as I hear HIS voice. I grab Lila's hand and steps in front of her. "What do you want Parker?" Parker steps closer challenging me. "I don't think I was talking to you Graham" I grab Parkers shirt and shove him into the nearest wall. "Ok stop!" I hear Lila shout as she stands next to us pushing our shoulders away from each other. I drop my hands and look at her. "C'mon Josh lets go. He's not worth it." She reminds me. I give her a small smile and grab her hand. As we walk out of the restaurant I hear him say to Katelyn "They'll get what they deserve" ok what does that mean? If he even lays a finger on my Lila I will make him wish he was never even born. I suddenly become really protective of Lila, as it hurts to much to even think somebody would take her from me.

"Hey, are you ok?" I turn my head and look at her concerned face, as I stop at a red light. "Ya, I'm ok, I just really don't like that prick!" "I know babe, me either." We pull up in front of her house a few minutes later. "I'm just gonna run home and get my trunks on" "Ok Ill put on my swim suit then meet you back here ya?" "Sure love" I say kissing her on the head.

I run inside my house to find that as usual nobody is home. I'm glad I have Lila now, it was quite lonely before. I run upstairs and throw on a pair of trunks. I walk past my window, as I'm about to exit my room I suddenly stop. I look through my window to find Lila pulling off her top. I chuckle because she always forgets to close her curtains. I want to turn away to give her privacy but I just can't.