2 / until the end

a chanbaek one-shot.

Shots were fired. Several men went down. Park Chanyeol was bleeding.

Sprinting through the dense forest, Byun Baekhyun had his gaze trained on the clearing ahead and the guy running parallel to him. A gun was raised in his direction and even though Baekhyun was sure that he'd miss him by a fairly large distance, the 24 year old wasn't one to risk his life. With alarmingly fast reflexes, he threw himself to the side, a few milliseconds before the gun went off and the bang echoed in his eardrums. 

There was no hesitation as he scrambled to his feet, once again, and ran towards the outskirts of the canopy. His pursuer was long gone, having had gone after one of his accomplices. 

Not that anyone dared to challenge Byun upfront, really. 

Despite having that thought in mind, Baekhyun knew how dire the situation his team was in. Having been tricked, the squad had no choice but to escape in separate ways. In other words, the tables had turned and they were heavily outnumbered. 

Crouching behind a huge tractor, Baekhyun managed to take a peek at the situation before him. There was one of his most trusted partner, Park Chanyeol, being forced to kneel before the mafia boss they were instructed to take down. Other than his scraped elbows and a few fresh cuts on his cheek, he seemed to be fine otherwise. 

The rough ropes around his heart seemingly loosened, albeit just a little. 

As he shrugged the black leather jacket off him, Baekhyun rolled his tense shoulders and tightened his grip on a gun he had managed to get hold of earlier on. His own gun was probably lying somewhere in the trees where he had put up a hell of a fight half an hour ago. That wasn't something to worry about, however, when his best friend was about to be killed before him.

Chanyeol was supposed to be fighting alongside him, except that the other side shot him with a dart that was loaded with medication and drugged him to an unconscious state. That was hours ago, and the entire team had set off to wreak havoc, totally unaware of the trap that was placed in front of them. 

Leave no one behind — that was their motto. 

Pressing the small lever on the left hand side of the pistol, a near empty magazine was released into Baekhyun's hands, earning a curse from him. 

There were only 2 bullets left.

An open field ahead of him, estimated 10 people for him to fight his way through and back, yet he only had 2 bullets with him. 

In spite of having the odds against him, Baekhyun took several deep breaths and braced himself. There was no time to lose. Stepping out from the tractor that had served as his shield, the redhead was immediately recognised as he dashed to the next nearest cover. Old, yet trustworthy boots thudded against hard soil as bullets threatened to graze past his ears. There was the whooshing of sound as he barely avoided the onslaught, using haystacks as his covers, and finally firing a shot of his own.

It wasn't a shot aimed at any of his enemies ; it was a direct aim at the barrel of oil a few feet behind the men. Two tugs at the trigger as the gun went off twice in succession, blowing a huge part of the field up as explosions boomed. 

He knew he was risking Chanyeol being danger as well, but he was also aware that Chanyeol was a smart guy who had more than just a few tricks up his sleeves. Park was a man who wasn't one to die so easily.