2: Getting To Know Baekhyun.

Hyeri woke up the next morning with Baekhyun hovering over her face. "Mornin' Sunshine." He smirked and Hyeri wanted to punch him.

"Go away." She rubbed her eyes and turned on her side.

"I need to talk to you." Baekhyun pulled up a chair and sat next to her bed.

Hyeri was definitely not in the mood, "Can't you wait?"

"It's about Darcy." With that, Hyeri popped up. She didn't care about how ugly she might look, she didn't care about the wires being tangled around. Hyeri's eyes quickly darted toward Darcy's bed to find the peaceful 10 year old sound asleep.

"What about her?" Hyeri looked past Baekhyun and into the hospital hallway - no nurses or doctors running around. "Baekhyun, what time is it?" Hyeri groaned.

"It's like 4 A.M. The nurses and doctors don't get in until 4:15."

"Then what are you doing here?" Hyeri sunk back into her pillows.

Baekhyun helped Hyeri fix her blankets. "I basically live at the hospital. My apartment is just across the street." Hyeri kicked around the sheets.

"Stop doing that. You're letting all the warmth escape." Hyeri pulled the blankets back over herself.

"Sorry, it's a habit of mine."

"Anyways, about Darcy?"

Baekhyun sat back down and perked up. "Oh right, yes. You have a soft spot for her, don't you?"

"Maybe." Hyeri crossed her arms and Baekhyun lifted up his eyebrows. "Look, I'm not like my grandpa. I'm not as cold or as stuck up as he was. I have a soft side too, it's just really deep down, I just need the right person to dig up."

"I believe you."

"And all the nurses just think I'm some br- wait you what?" Hyeri stopped her rambling and stared at Baekhyun.

"I believe you." He repeated. "I believe that there is a good person in everyone."

"Why do you think such a silly thing?.." Hyeri's stone face soften.

"Don't know. Maybe it's because I like looking at the better things in life. I wasn't as fortunate as you are. I'm still not, to be honest."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm poor, Hyeri. Can I call you that?" Hyeri nodded and waited for him to continue. "I'm not as wealthy as you are and I never will be. I grew up near the country side, with my mom, my dad and my older brother. We didn't have enough to eat and both of my parents were only getting paid minimum wage. We didn't get any toys or any allowance so my brother taught me to enjoy life with what I have. I remember going to school and my friends all had the latest phones and I didn't have anything. I didn't steal either, my brother taught me better."

"What's your point though?" Hyeri folded her hands in her lap.

"Now don't think I'm telling you my sob story. What I'm trying to say is that -"

"Less fortunate people are nicer because they were taught to be thankful for what they have, not to dwell in what we need but dwell in happiness?" Baekhyun smiled at Hyeri's sudden statement.

"Sure, if you want to interpret it like that." Hyeri was surprised at herself too. Darcy shifted in her bed and faced them. Her shiny green eyes were covered over by her pale eyelids.

"Baekhyun, I really really hope you don't think of me of some spoiled brat because I'm not. I'm nothing like my grandpa. I know how I was being so snobby yesterday, I have days where I'm really self centered and I'm just really under pressure." Hyeri babbled and it felt like a weight was lifted off her chest.