6: Darcy.

Hyeri's eyes shot open as she felt someone touch her arm. It was still, and dark. Hyeri carefully turned around to see Darcy hovering over her. Hyeri quickly sat up. "What are you doing out of bed? Sit, oh my gosh. Don't do that from now on." Hyeri fussed on and on. She patted her bed for Darcy to sit.

"Hyeri, it was you, wasn't it?" Darcy whispered. Her head ducked low, as if she was trying to hide her upset expression.

"What was me?" Hyeri lifted up her chin. Darcy's sad eyes glittered under the moonlight.

"You paid for my surgery. You're my guardian angel."

Hyeri froze. "No, I didn't."

"Hyeri unnie, please don't lie to me. I heard you outside." Darcy teared up.

"Do your parents know?" Hyeri caressed her small face. Darcy shook her head. A rush of relief washed over Hyeri. "Good, I don't want them to know."

"Why not?"

"Because Darcy, I don't want them to feel guity, like they owe me money. You should sleep, why are you up so late?"

"I'm tired but I just can't sleep. I'm scared." A single tear rolled down Darcy's cheek.

"Aw.. why are you scared?" Hyeri cooed.

"What if the surgery doesn't go well? What if I die?" The look on Darcy's innocent face tore Hyeri to pieces.

"But that won't happen. If you don't do this surgery, you're going to have a painful death. I'd rather you not suffer from the growing infection." Hyeri squeezed Darcy.

Suddenly, a shadow was casted outside of their room. Darcy didn't notice but Hyeri saw. "Darcy, stay here." Getting up and slowly walking toward the door, Hyeri couldn't believe she was doing this. She stuck her head out to see who was listening to them. To her surprise,  it was Baekhyun. "Baekhyun! What are you doing here so late?! Do you realize you scared me to death?! Come in will you?!" Hyeri shouted in a quiet voice and pulled him in.

"Baekhyun Oppa!" Darcy giggled but the two of them shushed Darcy. "Sorry."

Hyeri sat next to Darcy and Baekhyun grabbed a chair and sat in front of them.

"What time is it?" Hyeri asked.

"1:30 A.M." Baekhyun's bright screen popped up. The piano case covering his phone.

"Ah Oppa, I like your case." Darcy complimented. Hyeri and Baekhyun eyed each other.

Baekhyun smirked,  "Thank you. Guess who bought it for me." He leaned close into Darcy's face.

"Who?" Darcy gleamed.

"Well, who's sitting next to you?" Baekhyun leaned back in his seat.

"Hyeri Unnie, you bought it for Baekhyun Oppa?! I thought you didn't like him like that." Darcy flipped out.

"I don't. It's just a tiny gift. Why are you getting all worked up? Don't tell me you like Baekhyun Oppa....." Hyeri teased and wiggled her eyebrows.

Darcy turned pink. "No.. of course not." Darcy didn't look them in the eye, instead she smiled shyly to herself.

Hyeri sent eye signals to Baekhyun who couldn't stop smirking. "Darcy, Oppa likes you too." Baekhyun turned his head so Darcy was looking directly down at his face. She gazed up, embarrassed.

"Oppa, you're weird. I'm going to sleep." Darcy stepped off the bed and Baekhyun helped her over. She slid carefully into bed and Baekhyun tucked her in.

"I'll talk to the both of you later. I'm going back to rest up. Goodnight Darce, Hyeri." Baekhyun saluted off and Hyeri waved goodbye.

After a couple of minutes, Darcy's voice lingered in the cool night air. "Hyeri unnie?"