XIII. sacrifices

Chapter Status: Edited.

[This chapters a bit sad tbh, but I'm sure you guys probably won't cry lol.]

Tahlia sighs, the spell Chloe had told her about was now in motion.

"You can't tell anyone that it might... you know, kill me," she says seriously.

"I don't know," Sandy mumbles, avoiding Tahlia's eyes.

"Sandy, Chloe... please, this might be the only way I can take them both on," she begs.

Sandy and Chloe exchange a look, guilt swimming in their eyes, but they both reluctantly nod. Tahlia smiles slightly, but there is noticeable fear in her eyes, fear that she might die, fear that this might not work and Jadis and Jack will take over Storybrooke. She shakes her head lightly, this is going to work, I just have to believe.

"How long?" she then asks.

Chloe looks at her watch, "probably half an hour, maybe sooner, maybe later, only time will tell," she says, looking back up at Tahlia.

"Okay, but are you sure this is the right thing to do? I mean if this doesn't work we're all doomed!" Sandy rambles.

"Sandy! This is only a backup plan, and if it comes to that point then whether I have this or not I might die," Tahlia explains, looking straight into Sandy's stormy eyes.

The desperation in Sandy's eyes stay, yet realisation fills them as they turn a dark grey. She then nods in understanding.

"I want to help," she decides, courage and determination replace her fear and she stands up straighter.

Tahlia has to crane her neck to look up at her, despite their difference in height only being 4 inches.

"What? No, it's too dangerous! If you get hurt your parents would never forgive me," Tahlia decides, shaking her head.

"I don't care what my parents think, if you die and no one tried to help you, do you know how guilty we'd all feel?" Sandy questions, stepping forward.

Tahlia steps back in order to not feel so small, "this isn't your fight, Sandy. No one else has to get hurt, the more people to stay unharmed, the more likely you guys are to defeat them in case..."

"In case you die," Chloe mumbles.

Tahlia looks down for a moment and nods, "Jadis and Jack are ruthless, this town needs you, I need you."

"If you need me so much then why won't you let me help you?" Sandy snaps, her hands balling into fists by her side, the lights around them flickering.

"You did help me, you guys both helped me prepare for this, you guys gave me motivation and hope. Now I need you guys to protect this town," Tahlia says strongly, smiling tiredly at the pair.

Sandy's eyes soften and she slouches slightly before nodding, biting her lip slightly.

"Okay," is all she can say.

Tahlia looks at Chloe, "Chloe, you know almost everything about magic and spells. I need you to help me figure something out."

"Yeah sure, uh, what do you need to know?" Chloe asks, stuttering slightly.

"How much do you know about mind control?" Tahlia questions curiously.

Chloe frowns, "um, not much... why?" she asks.

"It's not important, but if I survive this I'll need you to do a little bit of research for me," Tahlia says.

Chloe nods, a small smile on her face.