Chapter 1~ Biscuits and Bambi

"Love is like the wind. You can't see it, but you can feel it."

~Nicholas Sparks.

Jade's P.O.V.

That had to be my favorite quote on love. Love was blind. I had always known that. But what I hadn't known was that I wasn't in love with my boyfriend.

Everything was great at first. We kissed. We went on dates. We held hands. Couple stuff. I had told myself every night before I went to bed that I was in love with him... but I wasn't. It didn't feel right anymore. I'd been lying to myself.

Right now, I held my phone in my hand, trying to muster up the courage to hit the send button. If I could do this, I would be free. But that wasn't like me. I couldn't break a heart over a text message, even though I knew that I should. I should end it. I shouldn't led him on. But I couldn't do it over a message. I sighed and deleted the whole paragraph. Instead I typed:

Can we talk in person? 

It took less bravery to hit send that time. I hit it and sat my phone down, trying to think of how to tell him that I couldn't be with him anymore. 

Sure, he was a sweet guy, but I didn't have feelings for him anymore. Every kiss lacked spark. When we held hands, it wasn't as magical as when we'd first gotten together. 

Not only that; our relationship was totally predicatble. Love was blind, but our relationship wasn't. That's how I knew I wasn't in love with him anymore.

My phone buzzed, and sure enough, it was a message from him. I opened it immediately, to see the word Sure scrolled across the screen.

I told him to meet me at the park near my house. It would be easier to break it off there. 

He was a nice guy. I just didn't feel the same about him.

When he texted back, I grabbed my coat and slipped my shoes on. I was about to walk out the door when I heard a voice behind me.

"Jadey, where ya goin'?" The voice belonged to my bandmate- and very best friend- Perrie Edwards. We owned a flat together. I turned around to face her. Apparently, she'd just gotten out of bed, because she was still in a tank top and fluffy shorts. Her blonde hair was up in a messy bun, and she was also sporting fuzzy house shoes. I sighed.

"To the park." I said nonchalantly. "I'll be back soon, yeah?"

I saw Perrie nod. Then she moved to the fridge and opened it. Just as I walked out the door, I heard her say, "where'd you put the-"

Perrie's P.O.V.

It was late when Jade got back. I called a greeting to her, but she ignored me and walked towards her room. I just shrugged it off and went back to watching T.V.

I popped another potato chip in my mouth as I surfed the channels, trying to find something to watch. But I couldn't find anything. I cursed at the T.V. and settled on watching the news. 

I didn't really pay attention to it after I pulled out my phone. I checked to see I had a few messages from Zayn. I sighed. I didn't want to talk to him right now. Management weren't making us talk to each other, so why did he even bother? So what, he put a ring on my finger? The wedding shit was fake anyways. I went on twitter and started following fans on the Little Mix account, and after I did that, I tweeted a picture of my potato chips, then I logged off. 

A few more minutes passed, and I got bored. "Jade!" I called.

There wasn't a reply. I wondered what was up. 

"Jade?" I tried again. Nothing. I was about to call again when she walked into the living room and sat down on the couch beside me. She'd pulled her hair up and she was wearing her Minnie Mouse pajamas. It was quiet for a moment. "Are you okay?" I asked.

She looked over at me and smiled grimly. "I broke up with Sam." She informed me. I instantly pulled her in for a hug, hoping that she didn't mind my fingers being greasy from the chips. The bag fell in the floor, but I disregarded it as I stroked Jade's hair with my non-greasy-chip hand.

"I'm so sorry." I said sincerely. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She murmured. "I just... I knew I had to do it, you know?" I pulled away from her and looked down at the chip bag. The contents had been scattered across the carpet, and I frowned.

"There went my snack." I frowned and Jade giggled. I started picking it up.

I took the bag back into the kitchen and threw away the chips that had been on the floor.

"Perrie?" Jade said from the living room.

"What?" I asked.

"Get me a biscuit?" She said innocently. I laughed.

"Fine..." I agreed and retrieved the packet. I knew Jade. If I took her one, she'd want more later, and I'd be the one to get up and get it. So might as well just bring the whole pack.

I walked back into the living room and plopped down onto the couch and handed Jade her biscuits. She smiled and opened the pack.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked her.

"Let's watch Bambi." She suggested.

"We watched that last night!" I protested.

"Nuh uh, we watched Nemo last night."

"Well then, night before that."

"Bambi."

"Ugh, fine." I got up to search for the movie while Jade simultaniously applauded and ate a biscuit.

When I finally found it, I popped it in the movie played and moved back to sit on the couch. It came on, and I stole one of Jade's biscuits.

"Hey!" She exclaimed.

"Oops." I giggled as the movie started up.