Chapter Eleven: The Baby's Coming

[Edited]

"Trust me you're just like your mother, stubborn, hotheaded, but strong." -Baba, IASWAP

CHAPTER ELEVEN: The Baby's Coming

7 Months Later

Zamzam Amin

"You are a miracle, you are a blessing from above. You brought joy to my soul... And pleasure to my eyes." I sang the lyrics of the song Baba used always sing to me when I was young. I can't believe that I'm having a baby girl. "How come you never told me you could sing?" Adam asked as he rubbed my huge stomach. I shrugged my shoulders in response and laid down on the sofa. My due date is any day now so I just can't wait to give birth already.

"I guess because I'm not that good." I responded as I flipped through random channels on the T.V. "You're right." He smirked making me throw a pillow at him. "Just kidding babe." He put his hands up in surrender. "Whatever babe." I mocked. Yes, I'm moody today but could you blame me? After a little while Adam and I left to do some errands for the house and finish furnishing the baby's new room.

"What do you want to get?" Adam asked as he started up the engine to his car. "We need bibs, diapers, wipes-" I was quickly cut off before I could finish the rest of my sentence. "Not for the baby, for you. These days you haven't been doing anything for yourself and I'm starting to worry. Babe you need to take care of yourself as well. So what do you want?" He said with concern evident on his face. I guess I haven't really been doing anything for myself for the past couple of months.

It's just, having a baby inside of you makes you only think about the baby and not about yourself. "It's sweet that you're concerned but you don't have to be. What I want is what the baby needs." I reassured him. He nodded his head slowly before planting a kiss in my forehead. "Okay but later I'm going to take you out." He stated.

I got lucky with this one alhamdulilah, I thought to myself with a slight smile lingering on my lips.

* * *

"I like this one." Adam said as he held a small onesie that said Daddy's Little Girl on it. "It's cute." I held it in my hands already picturing our baby wearing this. As we were exiting Target and heading to our car,I couldn't help but feel something dripping down my pants. Once I realized what was happening I stopped walking and grabbed Adam. "I-I think my water just broke!" I tried not to panic.

I mean I knew it was going to happen one of these days but I didn't think it would happen in such a public place. "Let's go!" He quickly helped me into the car and drove as quickly as he could to the hospital. "It's okay just breathe in and out. We'll be at the hospital before you know it." He reassured me. I did as told and started to breathe and out to calm myself down.