Chapter Seven: Princess Belle Costume?

[Edited]

"You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen." -Adam Mathews, IASWAP

CHAPTER SEVEN: Princess Belle Costume?

Zamzam Amin

Do you remember when you were younger you'd always imagine your wedding day? The man you got married to and will have to spend the rest of your life with. Well when I was younger I'd always imagine getting married to a very religious man who'd lead me in prayer every day. Seeing Adam standing in front of me reciting Surat Al-Fatiha just made me realize that I did get married to the kind of guy I always dreamed I would.

It's amazing isn't it? After we finished praying Fajr we both sat in a comfortable silence. That is until he reached for my hand and squeezed it as if the moment he let go of it I'd disappear. "You okay?" I asked, concerned. "Yeah," He said as he leaned back against the wall, continuing to to play with my fingers. "It's just at times like these I'd always reminisce you know? I keep thinking, what if I didn't dare you to change my ways? What would I be doing with my life? Would I still be an arrogant jerk?" He looked deeply in thought. "I kind of don't want to know the answers to those questions."

"Don't think of what if, think of what is." I said as I got up and pulled him off of the floor as well. "How come you always know the perfect thing to say?" He questioned curiously. I shrugged in response and took off my hijab, letting my long brown hair fall down to my back.

"It's a gift I guess."

His hand went to my hair suddenly, before I knew what he was doing he was caressing it. "Remember when I first saw your hair?" He chuckled at the thought. "Ugh, don't remind me." I still shutter at the thought of him seeing my hair back then. But now that we're married I feel comfortable with him seeing and touching it.

"You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen." He stated in a matter of fact tone.

"If you say so." I replied as I grabbed my scrunchy and put my hair up. I started walking to the bathroom so I could brush my teeth. He soon followed me and started to brush his teeth as well. Once I was done I turned off the faucet and laid back in bed. Strolling through my phone, I noticed the time and remembered I have class in less than an hour. Shoot! I quickly got up and went into my closet. I'm so going to be late if I don't get ready right now. Walking into my closet, I search for a random abaya and hijab and quickly throw them on. "Where're you going?" Adam said leaning against the closet door.

Instead of talking, I quickly grabbed my hijab and walked passed him. "I have class today." I took out my makeup kit and quickly put on some foundation. I don't usually put on a lot of makeup but right now I feel like making myself look presentable. "Do you want me to drop you off? I have to stop by the company anyway." Adam said as he stared at my eyelash curler as if it was the weirdest thing in the world. "It's okay, I have to go to work straight after." I finished putting on my foundation and started working on my eyebrows next. These things are like beasts so if I don't tame them, they'll go wild. Don't worry, all I do is put concealer around them to make them look thinner.