Chapter Eight: Drama, Romance And The Kite Runner

[Edited]

Banner by HafsaButt2 go and follow her!

"I just don't get it, I've been a police officer for a couple of years now... I've heard gunshots before... But this time it was different." -Alex Bryant, IASWAP

CHAPTER EIGHT: Drama, Romance And The Kite Runner

Zamzam Amin

"Wait, what?" I asked, my eyes widening as I stared at my brother in utter shock. I can't believe the words that just came out of his mouth. "I want to go to Ms. Mitchel and ask for Sam's hand in marriage." He repeated. "But before I do that I need you to talk to Sam and ask her how she feels about me. I don't want to put myself on the line if she doesn't feel the same way."

I nodded my head in response as I took in everything he just said. "Yeah, don't worry I'll ask." I said with a smile making its way to my face. I knew he liked Samiyah the moment he came back. I mean aren't they perfect for each other? "Thanks sis. Now I have to hit the gym. See you later In Shaa Allah." He said as he got up off of the couch and walked towards the front door. Before he left I called out his name.

"Yeah?" He said as he turned around.

"You better make Samiyah happy."

He grinned as he nodded his head. "Don't worry, with me she'll always be on cloud 9. Now I got to go." He then left and closed the door behind him. Today was Saturday so I just wanted to stay home and catch up on my Hindi movies. Right until the point Isa came I was binge watching Shah Rukh Khan movies on the T.V. But I guess I have to get off of my lazy butt and call Samiyah so we could meet up. When I dialed her phone number she immediately picked up. "Hey girl, what's up?" She asked in her usual sing song voice.

"Nothing much what're you up to?" I replied, hoping she wasn't doing anything. "Nothing, class got canceled today so I'm just chilling at home watching horror movies. Want to come over?" I could tell she was watching scream because I could hear the background noises in the back. "Sure I'm gonna stop by StarBucks first, you want anything?" I said as I grabbed my car keys and wallet from the table and wrapped a hijab around my head.

"Sure just get me what you're getting."

"Cool I'll be there soon."

* * *

I knocked on the door and waited for Samiyah to hurry up and open it. When she did I handed her a Vinti Ultra Caramel Frappe which made her squeal. "You're the best!" She gave me a hug then let me through the door. "I know, I'm amazing." I said cheekily as I took off my hijab.