Chapter Two: Seriously...Another Dare!?

[Edited]

"I dare you," -Adam Mathews, IASWAP

CHAPTER TWO: Seriously...Another Dare!?

Zamzam Amin

It's nice to see you again, Scarfy... those words kept on ringing in my ears over and over again.

"A-Adam." I stuttered in total shock.

I can't believe he's standing right in front of me. He looks different... He grew a small beard and mustache, he also got taller. He looked at me with the same radiant smile he always used to have on. "You're wearing the scarf." He pointed to the hijab I had on my head.

I can't believe that he's here, standing right in front of me.  I remember the last thing he said to me before he left was that he would come back for me, he wanted to take this relationship a step forward and that he was in love with me. How can he say those things and be gone for two whole years without any source of contact?

"Hey, did you talk to Adam?" I asked Isa as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Yeah, a couple of days ago. Why? Has he still not called you?" My brother responded as he put his phone down. So he talks to Isa but not me? That's it, I'm done with him. I don't care if he does try to contact me later on because at this point I don't want to talk to him or even hear his voice.

I'm done.

"What're you doing here?" I snapped out of the trance I was in. I can't describe the mirage of emotions I'm feeling at this moment. Half of me was happy to see him and the other half was angry at him. Sadly, I'm more angry than happy.

"I told you I'd come back so I did."

"After two years!?" I snapped. "You know what? I don't have time for this." I walked passed him and towards the exit. Immediately, I heard footsteps running after me. "Aren't you happy to see me?" He said as he stood in front of me.

"I would've been if you answered at least one of my calls." I unlocked my car and drove off. I so did not need this today!

Adam Mathews

I wasn't worthy of her, that I knew all too sure. How can I be with someone and love them when I don't even love myself? That's why I'm using this opportunity to do just that. I want find myself first and establish my relationship with God. Then I want to go back to her and be the man that she deserves.