CHAPTER I

Even with the curtains pulled open, the man on the bed still remained asleep

Even with the curtains pulled open, the man on the bed still remained asleep. His snores were quiet while hands had gripped the blanket over him tightly, he had seemed to have had a peaceful slumber that night. It was eight in the morning, the usual time where his slumber would be interrupted as instructed by the doctors.

The nurse that had entered just a few minutes ago had tied the curtains to prevent it from blocking the sunlight that poured into the room, all while in her arms, she was holding a set of clean clothes. A bright smile present on her face as she turns towards the patient on the bed, softly walking towards him. "It's time to wake up, (m/n)." Her voice was low and quiet - not too loud as she wanted to have a gentle tone to wake him up with.

She places her hand on his shoulder and lightly wakes him up, successful as he had let out a few groans. Finding amusement in him finally waking up, she steps back and watches him move around. His eyes have yet to open up.

"It's time to change your clothes, sweetheart." His head rubs against the pillow underneath him, his eyes opening up a bit as he sat up, yawning with his hand right in front of his mouth. "I'll get you settled in your chair, breakfast won't be too long."

(m/n) turns his head towards where he heard her voice the loudest, nodding his head as he pushes himself to the edge of the bed. His hand raises upward, awaiting for the nurse to take it. "Let's not have the same incident like yesterday." She chuckled, grabbing his hand and gently pulling him on his feet. Her feet move backwards as it happens, allowing him to have his space.

The cold floor touches his bare feet, waking him up even more for the day. A smile was on his face as he looked downward, "Of course, of course." His morning voice was soft but uplifting, feeling the woman place her arm around his, interlocking them for better navigation.

It was always a nice start of the morning as the lady had found waking up the young man refreshing, comparing it to as if she was caring for her own child in a way. She watches his footsteps as they both begin walking, noticing how he'd stumble a bit due to just waking up but she supported him nonetheless.

They reached towards the connected bathroom, stopping at the door. "Be careful, (m/n)." She warns him, handing him his new clothes all while she had opened the door for him to go inside. He nodded and was led inside, the nurse had closed the door carefully behind him. "I'll be out here as always."

She stands at the side, quietly waiting and ready to assist the patient in case of accidents such as him slipping or hitting himself on something.

(m/n) yawns again, standing there for a minute to just relax in the moment. His hand reaches in front of him, already knowing that there was a chair there. He grabs a hold of the metal arm rest before placing his new clothes onto the seat effortlessly. This was nothing new as he had learned much of his daily routine, getting the hang of it as he had stayed at the hospital.

He grabs the ends of his shirt and pulls it off of himself, the cold air hitting his exposed skin. His knees bend a tiny bit as he reaches for the shirt, taking one step close to grab it. The white shirt unfolds as he raises it up, allowing him to place it on with ease. He proceeds to do the same thing with his pants, pulling them down and taking each foot out one by one before grabbing the clean ones off the chair and putting them on.