Chapter Two: I Think I'm in Love

"That was some great work lass! No one has ever done that well on their first day of the job! Now, you wait for Pavel."

"Thank you Scotty. See you tomorrow!"

As soon as you turned away from Scotty, Pavel entered through the door. "Ah, Y/N! Nice to see you. Shall ve go to your quarters?" 

"Yes please. I'm ever so tired." You smiled and followed him out of the room. After ten minutes of walking, you saw a door with a name plate on it. The name on it was your name, Y/N Y/L/N. "Vell, here ve are. Ze food hall is just down ze corridor. Is there anything else you need?" He slightly turned his head to an angle to look at you properly. He quickly found himself gawping at you and began to sweat. "No, thank you though. You've been really helpful today. I'm not exactly good around new people, but you, you're different. I feel, comfortable around you." you mumbled.

Pavel's mouth opened wide. You sighed. "Sorry, Pavel. I must've sounded too forward."

"No, no don't worry! I'm happy you have settled in OK. How about we meet after our shifts again tomorrow? I feel like zis is the start of a great friendship!" 

"Really? Cool, let's do it. My quarters, seven o'clock. Bye Pavel!" You grinned and entered your living quarters and sunk onto your new bed. It was remarkably soft, similar to your old one back home on Earth. You had already unpacked and organised all your stuff neatly in the draws. It was only seven, but you were so tired. After all, your first day in Engineering had been interesting and full-on, but best of all, you had made your first friend on the Enterprise. Pavel Chekov. 

Oh, he's so cute.

No, no, don't do this.

Heart, don't convince Brain that you love him.

No!

Oh for goodness sake.

I have a crush on him.

Why?

Why me?

So shallow.

You've only known him one day.

Maybe tomorrow will convince everything in me that I love him.

WELL GET SOME FLIPPING SLEEP SO YOU CAN WORK TOMORROW.

OK, shut up Brain.

I'm going to sleep.

A/N:

Sorry this one isn't as long as the first. I'm going to make them a bit shorter and hopefully update more frequently. This one was really enjoyable to write because of end part of when the reader talks to themself.

Oh my.

Well, I'll either update tomorrow or Monday so...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll speak soon!

Bye xx