Glow//Dan

•third person•

To most it isn't considered a blessing to wake up to sunshine. It's a norm.

But today, sunshine has a steady heartbeat to match his breathing, and messy black hair tousled by his pillow. Today, sunshine has a name, and it's Phil Lester.

Dan wakes up to sunshine that morning.

You shouldn't stare at the sun, but no one said you couldn't take in his rays. Dan just admires his glow.

Last night, he had an epiphany on top of a revelation. A realization to dominate his brain.

Simply, he should be loving someone.

Who better than someone he couldn't get out of his mind for years now, anyway?

Who better, than someone he was pining for through a computer screen, and now was his best friend?

Who better, than the love of his life?

And the sunshine stirred, and Dan blinked at his tired form.

Phil jumped a bit as he made sleepy eye contact with Dan and then smiled, "I forgot I let you in here last night for a second."

Dan smiled back and stared at Phil as he stretched out, his face scrunching up and his shirt rising a bit.

Phil rubbed his eyes, "What did you need to come in here for, anyway? Were you scared or something?"

Dan giggled, "Bleh."

"So you just came in here because you wanted to?" Phil asked.

Dan shrugged, "Mhmf."

Phil rolled his eyes, "Well, okay, I can see this conversation is going nowhere. Come on, now. Let's go have some coffee and breakfast...and a shower. I'm starving and you look terrible."

Dan narrowed his eyes, "Shut up. So do you."
Though he lies.

Phil grinned at getting him to speak, "Really? I was told I had a sort of glow in the morning."

Dan smirked, "The glow of grumpy cat who just got attacked by an evil hairdryer."

Phil crossed his arms, but a smile was still present on his face, "Okay, that's enough. Get out of my bed."

Though Dan liked his spot on the bed, he obliged. And to his advantage in the exhausting process, got a good look at Phil's behind.

Dan did more than wake up to sunshine. He talked to it, lived with it, and went to sleep with it.

Moonlight is just sunshine reflected.

No matter where Dan was, he was never in the dark; because he had his sunshine on his back.

•••

~When the Day Met the Night~
•Panic! At the Disco