Start Again

The next week, the Autobots stared at the grave they had made. Jack Darby was the first to say something, his mother placing her hand on his shoulder. "I'm going to miss her so much. It's like I met her yesterday now she's gone so fast." Jack said before stepping back.

"Well organic things don't live forever." Arcee replied now walking up to the human boy. Jack scoffed at her joke which was cruel at the moment before he said anything.

"I had her since, well since dad left. She was the only thing I raised since a puppy." Jack said then saw Arcee roll her optics. Jack already knew what she was thinking and sighed as he said, "I know I know, she wasn't better than you."

"I wasn't thinking that Jack." Arcee said watching Ratchet and Bumblebee heading back into base. Bulkhead and Optimus were chatting with Miko and Raf. They were the only ones still gawking at a dog grave.
June, who dressed up as if she was having a human death service grabbed Jack's hand leading him away.

"You have school tomorrow. Say goodnight." She ordered and caught Arcee's glare instantly. "What, he does have school tomorrow." June added but Arcee's glare remained fixated on her.

"It's a Thursday night, he can't stay up late and mourn for his cat?" Arcee growled softly.

"Uh Arcee, she was a dog and I think I rather go home. You should rest too, you're still healing." Jack said wanting to stop the family feud that was bound to take place the longer he stood there. Arcee vented a sigh before waving them both off. Not really caring about what they did at that moment, she attempted to walk past Prime and Bulkhead without being seen. So much for that. Miko instantly saw the dark blue femme and galloped towards her, the high pitch squeal she gave when she was up to no damn good.

"Hey Arcee wanna-"

"No."

"You haven't even heard what I was going to say!"

"And I don't think I want to either."

Miko just watched Arcee continue her stride away from them all. They all wanted to pretend what happened between Arcee and Optimus never actually happened but the healing scar on her mid-section was a disturbing reminder. Prime avoided her at all cost, never allowing her to recon with him or patrol. He now took Ratchet or Bumblebee, if not all three mechs along with him, leaving her stuck with Ground-Bridge duty. Yes it drove her mentally insane that he hadn't said one fragging word to her since she had gotten better, but then again what was there to say, other than I am sorry. She forgave him because what she did got the team back together. What irked her sometimes when she thought about it was that he seemed to be upset with her, keeping his distance like he was a dangerous Cyber-wolf. As always Arcee walked into base heading for her quarters, Bumblebee was still chatting with a highly irritated looking Ratchet and music drifting away from the small radio that Miko had.

"How are you feeling, Arcee?" Ratchet asked watching how slow she walked, optics glued to her scar. 

"The same as before, like a monkey's uncle." Came her sour reply as she disappeared from view. Ratchet still followed behind her a few paces back. Knowing this wasn't like the old Arcee, he now wondered why she wasn't with Jack.

"Since when do you start back recharging here? How come you're not with Jack?" Ratchet questioned. Growling and shifting around until she was facing him, Ratchet didn't notice how upset her face really was. It was like someone had beaten her to a pulp and asked her did she win it.

"Because mommy dearest decided to take him instead." She snapped then went back to walking again. Ratchet didn't follow her this time and now stopped in his tracks. Something was bugging the femme and he wanted to find out what.

Arcee made her way to her room and went inside. As soon as she was ready to shut the door, a blue ped was jammed into the crack. She opened the door back up and looked at Optimus. His blank expression unreadable even as he spoke.

"Are you feeling alright,Arcee?" He asked in a uneasy tone. Crossing her arms over her chest chassis, Arcee scowled upon him.

"So you're talking to me now?" She mused darkly, her own optics flashing in annoyance. Optimus vented a sigh, his optic ridges furrowed into a confused frown.
"I wanted to say, thank you for what you did for me. Most 'Bots wouldn't dare to travel on Cybertron to find me." He said in a soothing tone. Arcee leaned against the doorway faking a yawn.Well she was fatigued from the events of today but the yawn was uncalled for. "And I mean what I am saying, Arcee. If you are upset then I understand." He added before walking down the hall again.

She watched him for what seemed like joors before disappearing into her room, walking to her berth and falling onto it with a smug expression. It was soon wiped off her face-plates when the alarm systems suddenly went off, signaling something 'Con wise were taking place. "Well there ain't no rest for the wicked..." She said and headed to the control room.