"Marcus," I sigh out.

He wanted to show you that he is the dominant one.

My wolf snarls as she stays close to the surface.

Does he think that his mate is like any other female out there?

"What was that?" The pain in my mind is overbearing. The urge to caress my temples and comfort my wolf is unbearable.

"I can ask you the same thing," he huffs as he sits up once I move off of him.

"You were trying to demonstrate your dominance over me," I narrow my eyes at him as my wolf tries to calm us down.

"I am a man," he licks his bottom lip. "It's normal."

Normal? Is he being serious right now!

"You think anything about this relationship is normal." His arms cross as he stares up at me.

"It can be as long as you don't go all alpha on me every second of every day." Oh hell no. He did not just say that.

What did he say? My wolf wants to make sure that she heard what I heard.

"News flash," the anger flashes across his eyes, "I am the fücking alpha." Just as the words leave my mouth the front door opens and Andrew and two other guys walk in with him. "I am the alpha of this pack and it is best if you don't forget it."

"Well I think we should go to the theater instead," Andrew ushers the boys back to the door. "I don't think we are allowed into this show."

"This pack needs a man as their alpha," his words hit me like a freight train.

"Hold up," Andrew stops in his tracks and slowly backtracks. The two other guys with him forgotten. He turns to Marcus, "Come again?" Marcus rolls his eyes.

"You heard me," his voice is raw as if his wolf and him are cutting into something deeper. He truly believes that I cannot be the alpha of my pack.

"Well then," Andrew gives me an apologetic glance as he walks up to Marcus. "You're not worthy of having her as a mate." Marcus ignores Andrew as he looks at me.

"Melan-" his word is cut short as Andrew swing connects with Marcus' jaw.

A groan escapes Andrew as his fist lashes back into his chest and he cradles it.

"Motha-" Andrew hisses, "what are you? A boulder? Chin made of steel?"

Marcus' head whips back and his eyes level with Andrew as he caresses his jaw. His nose flared as he shakes his head.

"You-"

"You," Andrew challenges him. "You might be her mate. You might be stronger than me but," he snarls, "You try in any way, shape, or form to belittle our alpha I will shove my foot up your ass so high you will be tasting leather for a week."

"I got this Andrew," he stands his ground as Marcus steps up to him. Chest to chest, Marcus stares down at Andrew.

There is something that goes between them making Marcus nod. Andrew relaxes and without a word to each other Andrew walks out with his friends behind him.

"Now you want to tell me what that was about?"

"I need some air," my hand caresses his arm but he walks away, "I need to sort somethings out with my wolf." He smiles, cheeks lifting, and teeth showing. He is trying really hard, trying hard to hide his feeling. His smile does not reach his eyes as he walks out of the room.

He needs time. Marcus is our mate, our bond is bind by the moon goddess. This is not an orthodox relationship.

With her words, my body slumps back into the couch. Her overpowering sense of exhaustion allows my mind to fall into oblivion. Lost in the darkness I will allow Marcus to have his space.